T3 rankings? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Re: T3 rankings?

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:38 pm

BrownBears09 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:Its sad that the USNWR allows college kids to actually believe that there is a true difference in the 50 rank vs the 100 rank.

Is there a difference between T14 and T25... yes.

Is there a difference between T5 and T14... yes.

Is there a difference between T25 and T65... yes.

But beyond those basic differences, law school is law school. The differences are far less obvious and far more difficult to pin-point than what the USNWR might lead you to believe.
I like how you make a completely different argument now. You are an elaborate troll.
The back-tracking is odd, but reasonable_man is still quite knowledgeable with regards to the legal profession and therefore, is not a troll.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:33 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Its sad that the USNWR allows college kids to actually believe that there is a true difference in the 50 rank vs the 100 rank.
So theres no difference between UF (50ish) and UMiami (60ish) ?

Concept

New

Post by Concept » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
So theres no difference between UF (50ish) and UMiami (60ish) ?
Don't fight against the reasonable_man's reasoning. It will only come and consume yoo :evil:

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:44 pm

I agree with reasonable man. AFter you get out of the top 14, every school is regional ( I would even say top 6 only are national). You need to figure out what region you want to work in, which cities you like, and which school fits you the best. Once you got this figured out, you apply to the schools that fit your criteria. Go to the one that offers you the best value that you can deal with.( tuition costs, living expenses, stipulations), and ones that offer the best opportuniuty. You need to do a lot of research on your own to figure this out.

The big difference between UF and U miami, are cost, location, and ability to be mobile. Miami is a very expensive place to live, while Gainesville is significantly cheaper. Both are in florida, but having a lesser amount of debt allows a UF grad more opportunity to take a job that might pay less, but be better in your opinion ( like the job description, like the location, etc).

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:54 am

northwood wrote:I agree with reasonable man. AFter you get out of the top 14, every school is regional ( I would even say top 6 only are national). You need to figure out what region you want to work in, which cities you like, and which school fits you the best. Once you got this figured out, you apply to the schools that fit your criteria. Go to the one that offers you the best value that you can deal with.( tuition costs, living expenses, stipulations), and ones that offer the best opportuniuty. You need to do a lot of research on your own to figure this out.

The big difference between UF and U miami, are cost, location, and ability to be mobile. Miami is a very expensive place to live, while Gainesville is significantly cheaper. Both are in florida, but having a lesser amount of debt allows a UF grad more opportunity to take a job that might pay less, but be better in your opinion ( like the job description, like the location, etc).
So you agree that a school ranked 40 is no better than a school ranked 120. Got it.

And the UF vs. UM stance is hilarious btw.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:55 am

BrownBears09 wrote:So you agree that a school ranked 40 is no better than a school ranked 120. Got it.
Not everyone can be Brown.

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:56 am

atresia wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:So you agree that a school ranked 40 is no better than a school ranked 120. Got it.
Our law school is siiiick.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:56 am

BrownBears09 wrote:
northwood wrote:I agree with reasonable man. AFter you get out of the top 14, every school is regional ( I would even say top 6 only are national). You need to figure out what region you want to work in, which cities you like, and which school fits you the best. Once you got this figured out, you apply to the schools that fit your criteria. Go to the one that offers you the best value that you can deal with.( tuition costs, living expenses, stipulations), and ones that offer the best opportuniuty. You need to do a lot of research on your own to figure this out.

So you agree that a school ranked 40 is no better than a school ranked 120. Got it.

Might I ask sir; to what do you owe your obvious superiority?

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:58 am

BrownBears09 wrote:
atresia wrote:
Our law school is siiiick.
I know, man. I applied in October and still haven't heard anything. What gives?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:59 am

reasonable_man wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:

Might I ask sir; to what do you owe your obvious superiority?
I didn't mean to conflict with your stance, my apologies:
reasonable_man wrote:There is very little difference between #40 and #120, let alone between 110 and 135. At a certain point, you're comparing bronze covered dog shit to copper coverd dog shit... One might shine a little brighter than the other, but at the end of the day, the core of each is still dog shit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”