Decisions mailed to CURRENT or PERMANENT address? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatextreme

Silver

Decisions mailed to CURRENT or PERMANENT address?

Post by lsatextreme » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:12 pm

especially if they're gonna be coming in march and april months, will they be coming to current or permanent? I actually put my current as my address where I live and my permanent address as my folks place, and of course I'd much rather have them come to my current address. I know apps usually specify up to what date the current address is good, but I've heard stories of decision letters coming to the permanent address anyways.

For those with different addresses, which one did they come to?

gov

Bronze

Re: Decisions mailed to CURRENT or PERMANENT address?

Post by gov » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 pm

lsatextreme wrote:especially if they're gonna be coming in march and april months, will they be coming to current or permanent? I actually put my current as my address where I live and my permanent address as my folks place, and of course I'd much rather have them come to my current address. I know apps usually specify up to what date the current address is good, but I've heard stories of decision letters coming to the permanent address anyways.

They should mail it to whichever address is on the status checker page.

tgir

Bronze

Post by tgir » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 pm

From what I've seen so far, they send decisions to current addresses.

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 pm

govorett wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:especially if they're gonna be coming in march and april months, will they be coming to current or permanent? I actually put my current as my address where I live and my permanent address as my folks place, and of course I'd much rather have them come to my current address. I know apps usually specify up to what date the current address is good, but I've heard stories of decision letters coming to the permanent address anyways.

They should mail it to whichever address is on the status checker page.
TITCR

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Did the same thing. Evidently, some of the admissions secretaries don't comprehend the difference between permanent and current. Half of my letters have went to one place, half to the other.

Oh and same with the primary email address and alternate email. Some of my status checkers at one, some at the other. You'd think that for the amount of time we put into applications that they could seriously figure out that we want our letters sent to our CURRENT address and our PRIMARY email address, but they're either careless or don't understand what the words mean on their own application.

/rant, lol

EDIT: like the poster above stated, they will send it to whatever address is listed in the status checker.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”