scholarship probation Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
luckyme

Bronze

scholarship probation

Post by luckyme » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:57 pm

anyone familiar with this? not academic probation--scholarship probation involves not meeting the requirements for your scholarship. According to the Dean's office at my school, scholarship probation is not disciplinary. I have been disclosing it on apps that are vague and ask for instances of "probation" as opposed to "academic probation," but I'm a bit paranoid and I wonder if a school could see it as disciplinary action. thoughts?

ItsMyTimeBoston

Bronze

Re: scholarship probation

Post by ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:09 pm

luckyme wrote:anyone familiar with this? not academic probation--scholarship probation involves not meeting the requirements for your scholarship. According to the Dean's office at my school, scholarship probation is not disciplinary. I have been disclosing it on apps that are vague and ask for instances of "probation" as opposed to "academic probation," but I'm a bit paranoid and I wonder if a school could see it as disciplinary action. thoughts?
There is no need to mention it. You're being paranoid. I would definitely stop disclosing it!!!

T6Hopeful

Silver

Re: scholarship probation

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 pm

luckyme wrote:anyone familiar with this? not academic probation--scholarship probation involves not meeting the requirements for your scholarship. According to the Dean's office at my school, scholarship probation is not disciplinary. I have been disclosing it on apps that are vague and ask for instances of "probation" as opposed to "academic probation," but I'm a bit paranoid and I wonder if a school could see it as disciplinary action. thoughts?
While I'd say you're safe, I personally was put on probation for the Honors Program my first semester at my UG, which has a much higher GPA requirement than academic probation for the university. I disclosed it to all schools and I was fine. Hope this helps.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”