What schools in the NC/VA/SC offer good financial aid? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gregthomas77

Bronze

What schools in the NC/VA/SC offer good financial aid?

Post by gregthomas77 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Specifically, my scores aren't great, 2.75, 161 and I am not looking to take the LSAT again. I graduated from high school in 1995, so the GPA won't get any higher either. Instead, I am looking for a school (at pretty much any tier) that I could get into and get a good $$$ package. I have been in the workforce for a while and I make decent money in what I do now. I do not want to give up that money to go into more debt. However, I would be willing to give up that money for a situation where I could get my JD without accumulating much, if any, debt.

DeeCee

Silver

Re: What schools in the NC/VA/SC offer good financial aid?

Post by DeeCee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm

gregthomas77 wrote:Specifically, my scores aren't great, 2.75, 161 and I am not looking to take the LSAT again. I graduated from high school in 1995, so the GPA won't get any higher either. Instead, I am looking for a school (at pretty much any tier) that I could get into and get a good $$$ package. I have been in the workforce for a while and I make decent money in what I do now. I do not want to give up that money to go into more debt. However, I would be willing to give up that money for a situation where I could get my JD without accumulating much, if any, debt.
I typed in your numbers on LSP and there's not much of a chance for you to be accepted at the top 100 schools, much less ones in your region. However, in the unranked programs (T3/T4) you have a good shot at Charleston, and you're an admit at Elon. I'll bet Charlotte and Appalachian would let you in too. Just type your numbers into the unranked programs predictor and check it out.

The problem is that with those numbers you will be fighting to get into a program, and you aren't likely to be competitive for $$$. You should REALLY consider retaking with that GPA, then you could have a much better shot at money everywhere without settling for a TTTT degree.

Edit: look into Campbell too. They place great in NC despite their low ranking and admissions standards.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”