Best way to get grades to law school Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Asleep

New

Best way to get grades to law school

Post by Asleep » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:17 am

Last edited by Asleep on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

well-hello-there

Bronze

Re: Best way to get grades to law school

Post by well-hello-there » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:18 am

Update your transcripts on file at LSAC if you haven't done so already. (the wording of your post is confusing and I can't tell if you have already done this)

Law schools (that haven't already ruled you out as a possibility) will then receive an updated report with your new transcripts and LSDAS GPA.

If your new LSDAS GPA isn't already updated on your LSAC account and you want to let a school know about your upward GPA trend right now, then I would send the school an e-mail stating your continued interest in attending their school and mention your new and improved GPA.

On your lsac account, under the "apply" tab, click on "report status" and then scroll down and you will see a list of the schools to which you have already applied. Click on one of those schools and the report information will be displayed. If the school has already decided that they don't want you at their school, you will see the following after you update your transcripts with the LSAC.

--ImageRemoved--

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:25 am

Crazy. Did that school already tell you they'd dinged you?

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:52 pm

ahduth wrote:Crazy. Did that school already tell you they'd dinged you?
yeah. they had already dinged me. And looking back at last year's admission cycle, all the schools that had accepted me or still had me on the waitlist when I updated transcripts for the spring semester, received an updated credential assembly transcript report.

I wonder though, if it is possible to get advance warning of a reject at a school where a decision is still pending, by properly timing a transcript update and then watching the law school reports to see if that school has blocked your credential reports.

whatever the case with that hypothetical, it would end up being a lot of work to find out something that you would probably find out from the school directly in a few days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”