Submit transcript from non degree-granting instituition? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ScottRiqui

Gold

Submit transcript from non degree-granting instituition?

Post by ScottRiqui » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:27 pm

I took four classes at satellite campuses of the Naval War College in order to get my Joint Professional Military Education Level 1 certification for the Navy. This was well after my undergraduate degree was complete (about 15 years).

The NWC is an accredited institution of higher learning, but as far as I know, it doesn't actually grant degrees, just certifications such as the one I earned. I'm planning on listing the certification on my resume, but does LSAC need the transcripts?

One part of the LSAC website says "You just have to make sure that all of your undergraduate, graduate, professional, and law school transcripts...are sent once to LSAC", but under the "Required Transcripts" link, it just says "you must have a separate transcript sent to LSAC directly from each undergraduate and graduate institution you attended in the United States" (emphasis added)

mandaleni23

New

Re: Submit transcript from non degree-granting instituition?

Post by mandaleni23 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I would imagine that LSAC would want this, but I can't say for sure. I would contact LSAC. I emailed them a question and got a pretty prompt response.

calilaw

Bronze

Post by calilaw » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Send it.

ItsMyTimeBoston

Bronze

Post by ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Even if you simply enrolled in a single college course at a university and dropped it, you must submit a transcript to LSAC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”