Still Apply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
THE_U

Bronze

Still Apply?

Post by THE_U » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:39 pm

I just received my Dec. LSAT score back and, needless to say, it was beyond terrible (144). I know that I can't take it again to realistically apply for this cycle so I suppose I'm looking at a year off to study, work, etc. Should I send in my apps anyway just to see if by some miracle I got in somewhere or should I just not even bother with such a low score? I was planning to apply to Miami, UF, FSU, Stetson, Nova, FIU. I'm leaning towards the latter but just needed some more input. Thanks.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Re: Still Apply?

Post by fundamentallybroken » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:43 pm

I suppose if you had fee waivers from those schools you could certainly try - it's only 12 bucks per at that point.

Otherwise: retake and wait until next year.

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry to hear about your test score and disappointment. I would say you should ABSOLUTELY WAIT until next cycle and re-take this June. It looks like you have your sights set on going to school in Florida and it has been repeatedly emphasized on these boards that if you are going to go to school in Florida, you should only be looking at FSU and UF (maybe Miami) if you want the best chance at getting a job coming out of school.

Don't waste your money or time applying to schools like FIU, Florida Coastal, or Barry. None of these schools will put you in a strong position heading out of school.

So.... Study like mad for the June LSAT and then start applying early next cycle (around September/October).

Good luck!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Don't bother with the time/effort/money it would cost.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”