LSAT Addendum (140-150) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sparty99

Gold

LSAT Addendum (140-150)

Post by sparty99 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:09 am

-----
Last edited by sparty99 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

taxguy

Bronze

Re: LSAT Addendum (140-150)

Post by taxguy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 am

Overall, I know of two people who got admitted to top 25 schools with very low LSAT>
The first person I know got into Maryland with a 150. HOWEVER, he attended Maryland as an undergrad and had a 3.9+ overall GPA and was in their top honors program , Gemstone. It would have been tough for Maryland to reject someone who was among the top 5 undergrads at their own school. Interestingly, despite having LSAT scores way below the median LSAT for Maryland and even way below their bottom 25%, he graduated in the top 5% of his law school class.
I also recently met someone who got into Vanderbilt with a 152. However, he was also among the top few undergrad students at Vanderbilt and had some very strong "soft" factors going for him. He also graduated in the top 10% of his law school class.
I wonder what this all says about the LSAT!

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 am

Does it say that the LSAT is still the greatest single predictor of future LS success but by no means determinative?

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:34 am

It is typically the single biggest factor in admissions, but not in success. GPA and LSAT combined coorelate to around 20% of 1L success. Study habits, time management, and work ethic are over 50%.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 pm

i have a score increase of 15 points on my lsat. I explained what it was in a short concise paragraph. So far I've been accepted to all of the schools I applied to. As long as it is reasonable, and the rest of your application is fine, dont worry about it. While it is not typical to see that big of an increase on your lsat scores, it is not impossible. Just explain it, and move on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dddhhh

Bronze

Post by dddhhh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi!
Write the addendum!
I have a 153 and was recently admitted to Washington & Lee and Northwestern.
In a nutshell in my addendum I said that the LSAT is not the best indicator of my future success. I had a low SAT and graduated Phi Beta Kappa and in the top 10% of my class. I took the LSAT more than once and could not significantly improve my grade, looking at past trends this should show that my academic success in law school should not be measured by my LSAT score.

Include your successes and what you can contribute to the law school and/or surrounding community. Best of luck!!! :D

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 pm

dddhhh wrote:Hi!
Write the addendum!
In a nutshell in my addendum I said that the LSAT is not the best indicator of my future success. I had a low SAT and graduated Phi Beta Kappa and in the top 10% of my class. I took the LSAT more than once and could not significantly improve my grade, looking at past trends this should show that my academic success in law school should not be measured by my LSAT score.

Include your successes and what you can contribute to the law school and/or surrounding community. Best of luck!!! :D
URM?

chicarda

New

Post by chicarda » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:41 am

Accepted to Chicago-Kent on the Early Decision Program
3.62 GPA
149 LSAT
Phi Beta Kappa, Student Court, Worked in trail lawyer and prosecutors office through college, etc.

White kid from the Midwest

My resume was very good and I posted an addendum for my low LSAT with my ACT and SAT scores, of which I comically scored in the 21%. Yet I rank in the top 9% of my university, I believe that's why they overlooked my squalid LSAT score and focused on everything else.

Give that a shot if it is to your benefit, like it was for me.

dddhhh

Bronze

Post by dddhhh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:27 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
dddhhh wrote:Hi!
Write the addendum!

URM?
Nope!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”