How long to wait? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Jdenniscpa

New

How long to wait?

Post by Jdenniscpa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:59 pm

I transmitted an application through LSAC on Christmas Eve and still have not received an email from the school saying they received my application and giving me a status tracker. I know, with the holidays, that would slow things down. LSAC says that the report was sent the 28th? How long should I wait before I call them to see if they got it? Don't want to bother them but also don't want it to fall through the cracks somewhere. I have three other schools I submitted applications to a bit later and got an email status tracker from them the next day.

Thanks

glitter178

Silver

Re: How long to wait?

Post by glitter178 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Jdenniscpa wrote:I transmitted an application through LSAC on Christmas Eve and still have not received an email from the school saying they received my application and giving me a status tracker. I know, with the holidays, that would slow things down. LSAC says that the report was sent the 28th? How long should I wait before I call them to see if they got it? Don't want to bother them but also don't want it to fall through the cracks somewhere. I have three other schools I submitted applications to a bit later and got an email status tracker from them the next day.

Thanks
they've been back in the office for one day and likely got a ton of applications over the holidays. chill.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:01 pm

I'd say youre jumping the gun a bit - some schools are closed 24-31 and 1 and 2 were weekends.

I applied to Wake Forest 12/14. Still have not gotten an email or anything. Thats 3 weeks. Even with the holidays I ended up sending them an email.

DukeCornell

Bronze

Post by DukeCornell » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Jdenniscpa wrote:I transmitted an application through LSAC on Christmas Eve and still have not received an email from the school saying they received my application and giving me a status tracker. I know, with the holidays, that would slow things down. LSAC says that the report was sent the 28th? How long should I wait before I call them to see if they got it? Don't want to bother them but also don't want it to fall through the cracks somewhere. I have three other schools I submitted applications to a bit later and got an email status tracker from them the next day.

Thanks
they've been back in the office for one day and likely got a ton of applications over the holidays. chill.
+1

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 pm

glitter178 wrote:

Thanks
This. Also, some schools don't use status trackers, and don't even email you to let you know they got your application. The first you hear is an admission or a ding. Put your faith in LSAC: if they say it went, it went.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jdenniscpa

New

Post by Jdenniscpa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks. Its not my application (solider deployed to Middle East. very limited internet access) so I'm not freaking out, I just want to make sure I didn't screw it up since it isn't mine. Thanks for the info

StillHerexxx

Bronze

Post by StillHerexxx » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I sent mine out on the 22nd and most schools emailed me today. Just takes some time with the holidays as previously noted.

DamnLSAT

Bronze

Post by DamnLSAT » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I'd say youre jumping the gun a bit - some schools are closed 24-31 and 1 and 2 were weekends.

I applied to Wake Forest 12/14. Still have not gotten an email or anything. Thats 3 weeks. Even with the holidays I ended up sending them an email.
I applied to Wake on 12/26 and got the email today.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:47 pm

DamnLSAT wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I'd say youre jumping the gun a bit - some schools are closed 24-31 and 1 and 2 were weekends.

I applied to Wake on 12/26 and got the email today.
ummm... I emailed them today and they sent back an auto out of office reply. What is wrong with them? lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

user08132021

Bronze

Post by user08132021 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm

FYI- Some of my confirmations were sent to my junk folder. For what? I don't know

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:41 pm

JaLeCa wrote:FYI- Some of my confirmations were sent to my junk folder. For what? I don't know
Because they were from TTTT schools and your inbox knew they were trash.

user08132021

Bronze

Post by user08132021 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
JaLeCa wrote:FYI- Some of my confirmations were sent to my junk folder. For what? I don't know
Because they were from TTTT schools and your inbox knew they were trash.

Lol, only partly true. Maybe it was trying to do me a favor for that particular school...

Jdenniscpa

New

Post by Jdenniscpa » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:47 pm

It showed up this morning, so apparently the answer is about a week! :) Thanks everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”