Public Service Scholarships Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HyeMart

Bronze

Public Service Scholarships

Post by HyeMart » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I've noticed that some schools had public service scholarships, many of them with a deadline in January. I still have a good number of schools I have yet to hear from. Is it normal to apply to these scholarships before an acceptance is at hand/or if acceptance is not necessarily a given? Also, is there a list anyone online where I can see the which schools have public service scholarships and their deadlines?

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Re: Public Service Scholarships

Post by fundamentallybroken » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 pm

HyeMart wrote:I've noticed that some schools had public service scholarships, many of them with a deadline in January. I still have a good number of schools I have yet to hear from. Is it normal to apply to these scholarships before an acceptance is at hand/or if acceptance is not necessarily a given? Also, is there a list anyone online where I can see the which schools have public service scholarships and their deadlines?
Yes, you want to get your app for the scholarship in before the deadline, regardless of whether you've heard. If you're accepted at the school, they'll then consider your scholly app, if not, they won't.

Don't know about compiled lists, but most schools with public interest schollys are pretty proud of them, and list them on their websites.

ash8309

Bronze

Re: Public Service Scholarships

Post by ash8309 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Does anyone have a list of the public service scholarship deadlines? It would be super handy. I know NYU was Jan. 1.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”