NYU schollies, too late or get crackin'? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ahduth

Gold

Re: NYU schollies, too late or get crackin'?

Post by ahduth » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:27 am

RJ127 wrote:The response I got this morning via email:

Dear RJ127,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your document has been printed and will be added to your file. Should we require any additional information, we will contact you.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
NYU School of Law
Whoa... mine said:

Dear ahduth,

Thank you for your e-mail. This e-mail and the document that you attached to this e-mail will be added to your file.

Thank you for your interest in NYU School of Law.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
NYU School of Law

Why do you think they printed yours, versus attaching the email for mine? Working with NYU administration sometimes reminds me a bit of Foucault's Pendulum by Eco. In your attempts to understand the ways they operate, you can end up creating theories that ultimately engulf you.

nyulawguy

New

Post by nyulawguy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:44 am

Just relax.

If you submitted before the deadline, via postmark, email, etc, you will be fine.

If you happened to have missed a deadline, call. Most of the review committees haven't met yet, and contrary to popular belief, the school is actually quite nice and understanding generally. I know of at least one instance where someone had some extenuating circumstances and was not able to submit until weeks after the deadline, and was still able to get the application essay in and be considered for a scholarship (eventually obtaining said scholarship).

Best of luck!

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

ahduth wrote:
RJ127 wrote:The response I got this morning via email:

Dear RJ127,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your document has been printed and will be added to your file. Should we require any additional information, we will contact you.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
NYU School of Law
Whoa... mine said:

Dear ahduth,

Thank you for your e-mail. This e-mail and the document that you attached to this e-mail will be added to your file.

Thank you for your interest in NYU School of Law.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
NYU School of Law

Why do you think they printed yours, versus attaching the email for mine? Working with NYU administration sometimes reminds me a bit of Foucault's Pendulum by Eco. In your attempts to understand the ways they operate, you can end up creating theories that ultimately engulf you.
It may have been two different people responding to the emails or the fact that I submitted mine in PDF form at work. No worries either way. Good luck!

NYC_7911

Bronze

Post by NYC_7911 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Yeah, no worries. I called the other day and the rep checked the email while I was on the phone, assured me it had been received, and then I got one of those two generic receipt emails. * fingers crossed *

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”