very random Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yesyesyes

New

very random

Post by yesyesyes » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:46 pm

hey everyone,

i have a random question. my friend in undergrad was told by advisers at the school that she could not be a resident and get in-state tuition. she is a senior now ( and i met her this semester) and i am in law school where she goes to undergrad and know for a fact that it isn't difficult to become a resident and get in-state tuition. so basically, she got screwed over for 50k+. anything she can do?

thanks!

glitched

Silver

Re: very random

Post by glitched » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:08 pm

I don't know what she can do but I know something you can do. Just ask her out on a date and get out of that wretched friend zone.

yesyesyes

New

Post by yesyesyes » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:22 pm

did that several months ago, no worries lol

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:40 pm

leeronalda wrote:I don't know what she can do but I know something you can do. Just ask her out on a date and get out of that wretched friend zone.
damn. i was thinking the exact same thing but you beat me to it

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:18 am

Why is this in the law school admissions forum?

theghostofDrewTate

New

Post by theghostofDrewTate » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:19 am

yesyesyes wrote:hey everyone,

i have a random question. my friend in undergrad was told by advisers at the school that she could not be a resident and get in-state tuition. she is a senior now ( and i met her this semester) and i am in law school where she goes to undergrad and know for a fact that it isn't difficult to become a resident and get in-state tuition. so basically, she got screwed over for 50k+. anything she can do?

thanks!
Most states make it pretty hard to get in state tuition with a requirement that you live in the state for at least one year prior to matriculating to school in order to get the in state rates. For grad schools/law schools, they sometimes have inducements like the promise of in state tuition if you serve as a research assistant or grad assistant, but those avenues generally aren't available to undergrads. Wrap it up buddy, you don't want that gal mothering your pups, she ain't smart enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”