Admissions info Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
educatedguest

New

Admissions info

Post by educatedguest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Instead of posting a million questions on the forum, I am looking for sort of a one stop shop for admissions info. Is there a book or website that anyone has found to be really useful (aside from the obvious TLS that is)?

ahduth

Gold

Re: Admissions info

Post by ahduth » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm

top-law-schools.com, but be forewarned that it's largely trafficked by pompous douchebags.

Other than that, when in doubt, call the admissions offices - they're very helpful and nice.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:06 pm

educatedguest wrote:Instead of posting a million questions on the forum, I am looking for sort of a one stop shop for admissions info. Is there a book or website that anyone has found to be really useful (aside from the obvious TLS that is)?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=131727

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

http://www.amazon.com/How-Get-Into-Top- ... 735204292/

Have this book, love it. Quotes a lot of admissions officers from most of the top schools. Still like to read it even as I compare admission offers.
Last edited by r6_philly on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:08 pm

If you don't want to post a million different questions then you can use the search function. It'll be highly appreciated by those of us who frequent the forums because most of your questions have for SURE been answered before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:If you don't want to post a million different questions then you can use the search function. It'll be highly appreciated by those of us who frequent the forums because most of your questions have for SURE been answered before.
While your point is valid, haven't learned to just skip certain posts after 3000 posts? :)

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:If you don't want to post a million different questions then you can use the search function. It'll be highly appreciated by those of us who frequent the forums because most of your questions have for SURE been answered before.
While your point is valid, haven't learned to just skip certain posts after 3000 posts? :)
Ah, I didn't even realize I hit 3000 :(. I skip them but it's still annoying to see them over and over and over when I am trying to be helpful.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Ah, I didn't even realize I hit 3000 :(. I skip them but it's still annoying to see them over and over and over when I am trying to be helpful.
I have this many posts and I don't go into the social forums :shock: it's ok, not everyone is research based, and I don't expect them to be. I help when I feel like it.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 pm

r6_philly wrote:I have this many posts and I don't go into the social forums :shock: it's ok, not everyone is research based, and I don't expect them to be. I help when I feel like it.
Agreed, sometimes it's just difficult not to be like "I'VE ANSWERED THIS 10 TIMES IN THE LAST 2 HOURS USE SEARCH".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”