Apply now or wait for more LOR's? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pendragon

New

Apply now or wait for more LOR's?

Post by Pendragon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 pm

I know that the general advice here on TLS is that it's beneficial to apply early--but I'm unsure as to how much of an advantage this confers. Basically, I have a few LOR's already in, but I'm still waiting on a couple. I know that most law schools accept up to 4, some more, some less, and so I was wondering if it's better to submit now with less LOR's, or wait a bit and submit with more? All of these letters should be really good, but I rather suspect that the two I'm waiting on are more valuable, seeing as they're from more senior profs. One mailed hers off Dec. 15 or thereabouts, while another sent his Xmas Eve. I'd really like to get in my applications before the Dec. LSAT scores come out in Jan., so I'm wondering how long it should be before LSAC posts these letters, and if it's worth it to wait? I'm thinking that I'm going to wait until Wednesday to send out NYU's, since I'd like to be eligible for their scholarships, and maybe a couple others, and then I'll wait to finish the rest. What do other people think?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Apply now or wait for more LOR's?

Post by Knock » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:48 am

Pendragon wrote:I know that the general advice here on TLS is that it's beneficial to apply early--but I'm unsure as to how much of an advantage this confers. Basically, I have a few LOR's already in, but I'm still waiting on a couple. I know that most law schools accept up to 4, some more, some less, and so I was wondering if it's better to submit now with less LOR's, or wait a bit and submit with more? All of these letters should be really good, but I rather suspect that the two I'm waiting on are more valuable, seeing as they're from more senior profs. One mailed hers off Dec. 15 or thereabouts, while another sent his Xmas Eve. I'd really like to get in my applications before the Dec. LSAT scores come out in Jan., so I'm wondering how long it should be before LSAC posts these letters, and if it's worth it to wait? I'm thinking that I'm going to wait until Wednesday to send out NYU's, since I'd like to be eligible for their scholarships, and maybe a couple others, and then I'll wait to finish the rest. What do other people think?
Apply as soon as possible. You won't go UR for a while and that's time for your other LORs to get in.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”