GPA Addendum - what to include question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
The Walrus

New

GPA Addendum - what to include question

Post by The Walrus » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:55 pm

I spent my first 2 years of UG at a state school, hated it, transferred to a small liberal arts college and spent 3 years there, really enjoyed it.
I'm writing an addendum because there is a huge difference in my GPA from my first 2 years compared to my last 3.
Additionally, my last semester of UG I took 2 Human Kinetics courses (required courses to graduate), receiving an A and A+ in them, respectively.
I'm worried it will look like I only took those courses to raise my GPA in my last semester when AdComm's look over my transcript, especially since I'm including an addendum. Should I mention something about the conspicuous looking courses (Snowboarding, 1 credit, and Concepts of Physical Education, 2 credits), and how they were actually required to graduate but I just waited until my last semester to take them?

Knock

Platinum

Re: GPA Addendum - what to include question

Post by Knock » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:57 pm

The Walrus wrote:I spent my first 2 years of UG at a state school, hated it, transferred to a small liberal arts college and spent 3 years there, really enjoyed it.
I'm writing an addendum because there is a huge difference in my GPA from my first 2 years compared to my last 3.
Additionally, my last semester of UG I took 2 Human Kinetics courses (required courses to graduate), receiving an A and A+ in them, respectively.
I'm worried it will look like I only took those courses to raise my GPA in my last semester when AdComm's look over my transcript, especially since I'm including an addendum. Should I mention something about the conspicuous looking courses (Snowboarding, 1 credit, and Concepts of Physical Education, 2 credits), and how they were actually required to graduate but I just waited until my last semester to take them?
No, I wouldn't include an addendum about taking some classes that some may view as fluffing your gpa. I would just write a short description why your first 2 years were so much lower than your last 3.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”