LOR question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Shooter

Bronze

LOR question

Post by Shooter » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Hey TLS, sorry if this has been addressed in other threads (although I looked briefly and could not find an exact answer), but once your file is "complete" at a school, can you send them another letter of recommendation through LSAC?

I sent the required number of LORs to go complete at a certain school, but I recently got another letter that I think will be beneficial to my application and I want to send that also. Is this possible/advisable?

Thanks!

krad

Gold

Re: LOR question

Post by krad » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Shooter wrote:Hey TLS, sorry if this has been addressed in other threads (although I looked briefly and could not find an exact answer), but once your file is "complete" at a school, can you send them another letter of recommendation through LSAC?

I sent the required number of LORs to go complete at a certain school, but I recently got another letter that I think will be beneficial to my application and I want to send that also. Is this possible/advisable?

Thanks!
If you assign the new letter to the schools, LSAC will send it even if you've already submitted the required number of letters, unless of course you've submitted the max number of letters. You'll be fine, I did this with my LOR. I'm not sure if it would delay any complete apps or whatnot... but I sent mine to a few that were complete.

Edit: spellingz

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks a lot that was really helpful! Good luck with your cycle!

erikjc

Bronze

Post by erikjc » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Is this a good idea if only one of the recs is from a professor? I have one rec from a professor and another from a former boss, and am waiting for my other professor to send hers, but I'm wondering if it's beneficial to send in my apps about a week before she faxes her letter.

jc010

New

Post by jc010 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:41 pm

I'd read the FAQs of the schools you're applying to. Chicago doesn't want anything new after you go complete, for example.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”