GPA question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tmc07d

New

GPA question

Post by tmc07d » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:22 pm

I just want to be clear on something. My LSDAS GPA configures my Hours Attempted and Hours Earned NOT JUST Hours Earned right? So if I took a class and did not pass and had 3 hours attempted and none earned then that class will still be calculated in my UGPA even though I retook the class correct? I had read that LSDAS looks at yours hours attempted not just hours earned. Any help is appreciated thanks alot.

KevinP

Silver

Re: GPA question

Post by KevinP » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 am

tmc07d wrote:I just want to be clear on something. My LSDAS GPA configures my Hours Attempted and Hours Earned NOT JUST Hours Earned right? So if I took a class and did not pass and had 3 hours attempted and none earned then that class will still be calculated in my UGPA even though I retook the class correct? I had read that LSDAS looks at yours hours attempted not just hours earned. Any help is appreciated thanks alot.
If I understood you correctly, yes. If you took a class, failed it, and retook it later then LSAC will count BOTH attempts. In which case, the fail will count as a 0.0 in the LSDAS GPA calculation, which might make your LSDAS GPA go down. I hope that answered your question.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 am

Yeah, as long as your transcript you submit to LSAC has the failed class on it and includes hours attempted, LSAC should factor it into your GPA. If it's not on your transcript, for instance if your college removes retaken classes from the transcript entirely or doesn't put failed classes on the transcript, then it shouldn't be factored in.

smears

New

Post by smears » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:03 pm

What about a non-credit course? Like you sucked so bad at math your 1st semester that you had to take a remedial math course, then actually failed that once before passing it?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”