Please critique my LSAT addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
URMdan

Bronze

Please critique my LSAT addendum

Post by URMdan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am

Members of the admissions committee:

I believe that my October 2010 LSAT score of 158 is more indicative of my abilities than my February 2010 score of 153. I believe the 5 point increase is a product of a more methodical study approach as well as increased preparation time. Moreover, I canceled (it's canceled and not cancelled, right?) my December 2010 LSAT score because of less than optimal testing conditions. LSAC has granted me the opportunity of retaking in February, which I plan to take advantage of in the event that I am waitlisted.

BrownBears09

Bronze

Re: Please critique my LSAT addendum

Post by BrownBears09 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 am

URMdan wrote:Members of the admissions committee:

I believe that my October 2010 LSAT score of 158 is more indicative of my abilities than my February 2010 score of 153. I believe the 5 point increase is a product of a more methodical study approach as well as increased preparation time. Moreover, I canceled (it's canceled and not cancelled, right?) my December 2010 LSAT score because of less than optimal testing conditions. LSAC has granted me the opportunity of retaking in February, which I plan to take advantage of in the event that I am waitlisted.
Last sentence sounds unnecessary. Gives me a feeling of a "I'll only do it if I'm required" attitude imo.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 am

Addendum is unnecessary in your case. It sounds fine, albeit generic, and it won't hurt, but I don't think it will add anything either.

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:51 am

Some of the schools that I'm applying to want an explanation for a 4-5 point increase. Also, I want to incorporate the fact that I may be taking it again in February because, in the event that I may be rejected, I'd want an adcomm to consider waitlisting me with hopes that I'd score higher in Feb.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:55 am

URMdan wrote:Some of the schools that I'm applying to want an explanation for a 4-5 point increase. Also, I want to incorporate the fact that I may be taking it again in February because, in the event that I may be rejected, I'd want an adcomm to consider waitlisting me with hopes that I'd score higher in Feb.

Good point. Send it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:12 am

BrownBears09 wrote:

Last sentence sounds unnecessary. Gives me a feeling of a "I'll only do it if I'm required" attitude imo.

Does anyone else agree with this critique?

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:14 am

URMdan wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:

Does anyone else agree with this critique?
yes

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:19 am

Members of the Admissions Committee:

I believe that my October 2010 LSAT score of 158 is more indicative of my abilities than my February 2010 score of 153. I believe the 5 point increase is a product of a more methodical study approach as well as increased preparation time. Moreover, I cancelled my December 2010 LSAT score because of less than optimal testing conditions. LSAC has granted me the opportunity of retaking in February, which I plan to take advantage of. However, at this time I ask that my October score be used to evaluate my candidacy.

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:15 pm

URMdan wrote:Members of the Admissions Committee:

I believe that my October 2010 LSAT score of 158 is more indicative of my abilities than my February 2010 score of 153. I believe the 5 point increase is a product of a more methodical study approach as well as increased preparation time. Moreover, I cancelled my December 2010 LSAT score because of less than optimal testing conditions. LSAC has granted me the opportunity of retaking in February, which I plan to take advantage of. However, at this time I ask that my October score be used to evaluate my candidacy.
How's this look?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:57 pm

bump

Gc12

New

Post by Gc12 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:21 am

URMdan wrote:
URMdan wrote:Members of the Admissions Committee:

I believe that my October 2010 LSAT score of 158 is more indicative of my abilities than my February 2010 score of 153. I attribute my 5 point increase to a more methodical study approach and increased preparation time. I canceled my December 2010 LSAT score because of less than optimal testing conditions, and I plan to take the February LSAT. However, at this time I ask that my October score be used to evaluate my candidacy.
How's this look?
I think it's basically fine... I edited in some slight changes above.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:25 am

I would definitely take out the part about the Feb. LSAT.. it is almost an auto-waitlist if you add it.. they just wont even review your app til the feb score comes in

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 pm

This addendum is very poorly written & raises more questions than it answers. You now need an additional addendum to address the unanswered issues raised in your initial addendum.

P.S. Both spellings of "cancelled" are correct.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Don't bother with the addenda unless you are asked for it by a school.

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:09 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:This addendum is very poorly written & raises more questions than it answers. You now need an additional addendum to address the unanswered issues raised in your initial addendum.

P.S. Both spellings of "cancelled" are correct.

Can you tell me what in particular is so wrong with it?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:11 pm

What were the "less than optimal testing conditions" ? Whether or not you were waitlisted & whether or not you will take the February LSAT ? Simply stated, you raise more issues than you answer.

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:00 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:I would definitely take out the part about the Feb. LSAT.. it is almost an auto-waitlist if you add it.. they just wont even review your app til the feb score comes in
+1
dextermorgan wrote:Don't bother with the addenda unless you are asked for it by a school.
+1 Don't bother unless they e-mail you asking for an explanation.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”