LOR still not processed Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tarakit

New

LOR still not processed

Post by tarakit » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:17 am

So I had my recommender send in a letter on Nov. 5. It was never received from LSAC, so I had my recommender mail and fax another letter Dec 4. The letter is still not processed... I called LSAC today, and they told me to wait until it had been "10 business days" to panic, but most people on TLS have said that their letters sent in by fax have been processed within a day or so. I obviously need to get my applications in soon, and my University closes for the holidays on Friday... Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? I know I should get him to send it again, but I am just really concerned because it seems like LSAC has lost at least two out of the three attempts I have sent them.

NZA

Silver

Re: LOR still not processed

Post by NZA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am

tarakit wrote:So I had my recommender send in a letter on Nov. 5. It was never received from LSAC, so I had my recommender mail and fax another letter Dec 4. The letter is still not processed... I called LSAC today, and they told me to wait until it had been "10 business days" to panic, but most people on TLS have said that their letters sent in by fax have been processed within a day or so. I obviously need to get my applications in soon, and my University closes for the holidays on Friday... Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? I know I should get him to send it again, but I am just really concerned because it seems like LSAC has lost at least two out of the three attempts I have sent them.
Consider having your prof mail them direct to law schools.

Get envelopes, address them, stamp them, apologize profusely to your prof for stuff that is not your fault, and rest easy. 'Tis what I would do. A lot of extra work, but hey. Better than being hosed.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”