Let's say I blow this cycle... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pbutta123

New

Let's say I blow this cycle...

Post by pbutta123 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm

I have a 3.5, 165/160 & applied to BC, BU, Fordham, Hastings, UW, GW... I applied to higher ranked schools also, but I feel these are the one where my chances are best obviously...I am Apache/White so i hoped that might help.
If i blow this cycle completely, retake in June and get a 170+ LSAT will reapplying next cycle at the same schools hurt my chances because they rejected me before?

northwood

Platinum

Re: Let's say I blow this cycle...

Post by northwood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:53 pm

nope. Just make sure to tell them that you applied there before. you will be fine if you get that 170.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:12 am

pbutta123 wrote:I have a 3.5, 165/160 & applied to BC, BU, Fordham, Hastings, UW, GW... I applied to higher ranked schools also, but I feel these are the one where my chances are best obviously...I am Apache/White so i hoped that might help.
If i blow this cycle completely, retake in June and get a 170+ LSAT will reapplying next cycle at the same schools hurt my chances because they rejected me before?
No, not at all. If you do in fact hit a 170+, you'll be in good shape and could probably even stand a shot at better ranked schools. 3 scores is tricky though, especially because yours (assuming you hit 170-171 and no higher) would not be significantly far apart, and therefore at certain schools they may be inclined to look down on you a bit (yes they don't "average" necessarily, but some cite a x+ point difference or stress that you should really have a good addendum).

Either way, you can only better your situation by doing very well on your retake. HTH.

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:14 am

It can't hurt. You'll be able to apply the second that their apps become available, and you'll have a higher LSAT.

Best of luck. Here's to hoping this is your first and only cycle.

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:28 am

T6Hopeful wrote: No, not at all. If you do in fact hit a 170+, you'll be in good shape and could probably even stand a shot at better ranked schools. 3 scores is tricky though, especially because yours (assuming you hit 170-171 and no higher) would not be significantly far apart, and therefore at certain schools they may be inclined to look down on you a bit (yes they don't "average" necessarily, but some cite a x+ point difference or stress that you should really have a good addendum).
Just a little note on this. Yea, it's probably credited a little. But my logic in taking the test a third time was if they were going to average, then at least a third, higher score would bring that up. Plus if I argued that a higher score is more indicative of my capabilities, then it would be a stronger argument if I could show I had tested at that score. With my 165/170/173, so far I am in at Duke, Gtown, and Cornell. (I probably could have gotten in with the second score or the average score, but at the least, it seems that the lowest score doesn't bother them.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”