I Will Pay $100 to someone in the NYC/Southwest CT Area... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

I Will Pay $100 to someone in the NYC/Southwest CT Area...

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:48 pm

...who would be willing to sit down with me and discuss my application and current situation. I will also buy lunch/dinner. The only thing I ask is that the person is very knowledgable about the admissions process. I need to talk to someone who has not only been through it, but also seen a few odd scenarios play themselves out. My own personal situation is somewhat unique, and I have no idea how I should proceed moving forward.

If this strikes you as desperate, congratualtions. It is. But I am serious. I need someone I can sit down with to help me.

If this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry. It seems to be the most appropriate one.

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Re: I Will Pay $100 to someone in the NYC/Southwest CT Area...

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 am

Really?! No one?

Damn.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:38 am

Why don't you save $100 and ask your questions here? Anyone that could give you an answer in person can do it on teh interwebz too.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:38 am

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:Really?! No one?

Damn.
http://www.admissionsconsultants.com

the cost is not significantly more than what you are offering to pay, and all their consultants were past deans in t10 law schools

EDIT: it's $195/hr...

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:45 am

Renzo wrote:Why don't you save $100 and ask your questions here? Anyone that could give you an answer in person can do it on teh interwebz too.

My situation is an absolute clusterfuck. I couldn't do it here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 am

glewz wrote:

Damn.

the cost is not significantly more than what you are offering to pay, and all their consultants were past deans in t10 law schools

Thank you. This helps.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:47 am

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:
glewz wrote:

Damn.

Thank you. This helps.

Np, and btw good idea on not making your entire background public here. Search around, and you will probably be able to find cheaper admissions consultants.

nealric

Post by nealric » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:58 am

I would do it for free.

I'm moving to the NYC area in January. I'm done with law school and starting with a large firm in NYC. Probably a bit late if you are applying this year though.

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 pm

I'd offer but I'm just a 1L and my only advice would probably be 10% personal discoveries, 90% collective TLS wisdom.

But the thing that leaps out strongly to me from your posts is that palpable desperation, willingness to give anything to get some amount of certainty in this crazy process, etc...

You've got to figure things out for yourself, ask questions here, even complex ones can get answers from bored people like me. But ultimately a consultant is no more qualified to answer hard life questions than most people. Their words can provide a soothing medicine, a warm blanket that makes you feel safe and secure in their well-paid wisdom... but they are just going to use the facts you will give them, the subjective concerns that you are weighing in your head, and the subjective preferences you have for your future... and tell you what you knew you wanted, but needed someone else to validate it for you for a couple hundred dollars.

ams

New

Post by ams » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:28 pm

OP, you can definitely find cheaper admissions consultants. Although it's true that you will have to make the tough decisions on your own, it can be very helpful to talk it through with someone. I'm a tutor with Fast Forward Law Prep, and we offer a 1-hour admissions consultation for $60. We also offer a comprehensive admission service that can help you with your PS, DS, Why X, and addenda. Although we're located in the midwest, we work with people all over the country by phone and online. Feel free to give us a call and we'll see what we can do to help.

You can find contact info on our website: --LinkRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”