LSDAS Calculator Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
crritter

New

LSDAS Calculator Question

Post by crritter » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Hello all,
I'm a freshman at the University of Scranton and am already thinking about the law school admissions process. I have just finished my first semester, and I've amassed a total of 15 credits. This college does not offer an A+; rather, the highest grade that can be attained is an A, or a 4.0. In every course (except one), I've attained an A. So, basically I have:
12 credits -> A
3 credits -> A-
I tried putting this into the LSDAS GPA calculator, but I have one question. In this course that I have an A- in, my numerical average is a 95. However, the calculator provides a numerical range of 93-97 for an A. So, would I put these 3 credits into the calculator as an A, because it is between this numerical range, or as an A-, because that was its actual letter grade.
Thanks for any insight you all can shed on this matter.

ballboy899

New

Re: LSDAS Calculator Question

Post by ballboy899 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Put it in as an A. Go by what the LSDAS is as long as your numerical grade is listed on your transcript. If you don't have a numerical grade listed on your transcript (like myself), then you can only use the letter grade because that's all they will have when they recalculate your GPA.

4for44

Bronze

Post by 4for44 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Assuming your school reports the letter grade on your transcript, percentages dont mean anything... so it will be a A-

Keep the GPA up!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:57 pm

The numerical grade doesn't matter, since your transcript shows A or A- (according to http://www.lsac.org/Members/TranscriptK ... 129999.htm). Your GPA is:

(12*4+3*3.67)/15 = 3.93

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”