LSAC cuts off words? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gmreplay

Bronze

LSAC cuts off words?

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Prior to filling out an application LSAC warns in a popup that any essays you write which cannot be seen on the application won't show up when it is sent to the schools either. Should I take this to mean that when filling out biographical information (my parents' jobs, for instance) that any text that cannot be seen will also be cut off when the school reads it?

ArchRoark

Silver

Re: LSAC cuts off words?

Post by ArchRoark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Yup, it should have a link to the specific place on the app where it is referencing... anyways when you go to submit just make sure you closely look over the preview PDF that is generated... what you see there is what the law schools get.

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:56 pm

ArchRoark wrote:Yup, it should have a link to the specific place on the app where it is referencing... anyways when you go to submit just make sure you closely look over the preview PDF that is generated... what you see there is what the law schools get.
I'm not familiar with that part of the process. Do they automatically give me a copy of it before it submits, or how does that work?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:00 pm

gmreplay wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:Yup, it should have a link to the specific place on the app where it is referencing... anyways when you go to submit just make sure you closely look over the preview PDF that is generated... what you see there is what the law schools get.
I'm not familiar with that part of the process. Do they automatically give me a copy of it before it submits, or how does that work?
You have to preview it before you actually get to the final screen where you electronically sign it and pay.

So you will hit the "Continue" button when you are ready to submit. The next page it will generate a link to view/download the preview PDF of your application. To get to the authorization/payment page (the continue button is initially greyed out) you must first preview your application. I hope that made sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”