Put on Hold, any advice? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
williammmc

New

Put on Hold, any advice?

Post by williammmc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm

So I was put on hold (not waitlisted) at BC and I would still like to attend, does anyone have any general advice as to what I should do to better my chances (aside from simply updating transcripts)?

Also, I have a few questions:

1.) Are evaluations a legitimate way to bolster my application for the next review?

2.) I have new additions to my resume (recently invited to Phi Beta Kappa, a new internship), how should I make sure the admissions office gets this information?

3.) Does a LOCI apply in this situation, or is that waitlist only?

luckyme

Bronze

Re: Put on Hold, any advice?

Post by luckyme » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:26 pm

stats?

gambelda

Bronze

Post by gambelda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Definitely an evaluation couldn't hurt as well as a LOCI. But yes, we nee dto see your numbers so that we can say whether or not you have a higher chance on the WL than others. If you're at a usual low end point, it could be unlikely.

williammmc

New

Post by williammmc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Here are the stats:

3.68, 164

3 shiny LoRs
5 years WE
Concluded scientific research (noted presentation of research in my resume)
Member of Phi Beta Kappa honor society (which is apparently a solid thing in BC's mind)

I ought to receive 3 A+'s, which should drive that GPA up about .04 to 3.72 (my last batch of 3 A+'s drove it from 3.63 to 3.68)

williammmc

New

Post by williammmc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm

Bump

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 am

williammmc wrote:So I was put on hold (not waitlisted) at BC and I would still like to attend, does anyone have any general advice as to what I should do to better my chances (aside from simply updating transcripts)?

Also, I have a few questions:

1.) Are evaluations a legitimate way to bolster my application for the next review?

2.) I have new additions to my resume (recently invited to Phi Beta Kappa, a new internship), how should I make sure the admissions office gets this information?

3.) Does a LOCI apply in this situation, or is that waitlist only?
Do all three.

You're on the low side for BC, but it isn't a lost cause. A couple people in your numbers range were accepted last year.

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 am

williammmc wrote:Here are the stats:

3.68, 164

3 shiny LoRs
5 years WE
Concluded scientific research (noted presentation of research in my resume)
Member of Phi Beta Kappa honor society (which is apparently a solid thing in BC's mind)

I ought to receive 3 A+'s, which should drive that GPA up about .04 to 3.72 (my last batch of 3 A+'s drove it from 3.63 to 3.68)
Your gpa isn't keeping you out and I don't think it will get you in...can you retake in feb?

edit: you're on hold, not WL, so see what happens then consider feb retake if you're WL. update your app/resume with anything significant, but if it's not a gpa or lsat boost i doubt it will help much

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”