Is new LSAT score automatically sent to schools? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shtolky

New

Is new LSAT score automatically sent to schools?

Post by shtolky » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:37 pm

I took the October LSAT and scored a 165 which is slightly off the median for some schools I've already applied to. I asked those schools to review my app using my October score so that there wasn't a delay (and so that the app was in early-ish). My question is, let's say I score in the 170's for December, will that score automatically be sent to each school, and if so, will I have to contact them to notify them of the new score or will LSAC notify them? Also, if you are waitlisted or even rejected before the new score comes out, would a new, higher December LSAT score greatly impact their decision and if they will reconsider?

Thanks!

SilverE2

Silver

Re: Is new LSAT score automatically sent to schools?

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:39 pm

shtolky wrote:I took the October LSAT and scored a 165 which is slightly off the median for some schools I've already applied to. I asked those schools to review my app using my October score so that there wasn't a delay (and so that the app was in early-ish). My question is, let's say I score in the 170's for December, will that score automatically be sent to each school, and if so, will I have to contact them to notify them of the new score or will LSAC notify them? Also, if you are waitlisted or even rejected before the new score comes out, would a new, higher December LSAT score greatly impact their decision and if they will reconsider?

Thanks!
Yes, they have received a notification that you're signed up for December, and will automatically receive the new score. If you're rejected, most if not all schools won't allow you to reapply until next cycle, but if you're waitlisted, a higher score is one of the few things that has a high chance of getting you off.

shtolky

New

Post by shtolky » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 pm

I appreciate the response, thank you.

Is it possible a school might see me as borderline and waitlist me to wait for my Dec. score, or since I told them to go ahead with the October score they will review the app as if December doesn't even exist.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:50 pm

shtolky wrote:I appreciate the response, thank you.

Is it possible a school might see me as borderline and waitlist me to wait for my Dec. score, or since I told them to go ahead with the October score they will review the app as if December doesn't even exist.
If you told them to review, they will go ahead and review as if it doesn't exist. If your current scores are borderline, they'll waitlist, if not, they won't.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
shtolky wrote:I appreciate the response, thank you.

If you told them to review, they will go ahead and review as if it doesn't exist. If your current scores are borderline, they'll waitlist, if not, they won't.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thegor1987

Bronze

Post by thegor1987 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:57 pm

no

Gold

Post by 094320 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 am

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm

if you submitted the application ( and indicated that you were planning on taking the test at the time) then got a refund- does LSAC inform the schools that you are no longer taking the test, or do you have to inform them ( I was paranoid and sent out emails, but I have been wondering this for some time)?

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:26 am

northwood wrote:if you submitted the application ( and indicated that you were planning on taking the test at the time) then got a refund- does LSAC inform the schools that you are no longer taking the test, or do you have to inform them ( I was paranoid and sent out emails, but I have been wondering this for some time)?

Not entirely sure about the correct procedure but I would just contact them directly (that way, they will not hold your application for the score and start reviewing earlier). If you told them to review without it, then it won't matter either way.

To OP, I am in literally the same situation, and after much contemplation and delay, I have decided to apply to a few school to would be realistic reaches for me currently but that I am ok with should I not get in (I am banking on a higher score tomorrow and will be waiting with the rest of my apps).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”