Focusing on Career Placement in the "Why X?" Essay Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
potteryschmottery

New

Focusing on Career Placement in the "Why X?" Essay

Post by potteryschmottery » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:09 pm

I can't find any real discussions on this topic. I'm about to write this essay for a top choice of mine, and I feel it would be disingenuous to not bring up their favorable career placement in the region I like most. In fact, it's probably the biggest reason why I like the school. I want to practice corporate law, and it seems like most of their programs/clinics are not geared to this focus (almost all schools seem like this to me). I haven't visited and don't know anyone who goes there.

In summary, what should I write about? :)

potteryschmottery

New

Re: Focusing on Career Placement in the "Why X?" Essay

Post by potteryschmottery » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Another question- Is it appropriate to mention that a school is your top choice if it truly is?

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Read through this and see if it helps: http://www.top-law-schools.com/writing- ... endum.html

I read it a while ago and don't remember seeing anything warning against mentioning career placement, but you better make sure for yourself.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm

potteryschmottery wrote:Another question- Is it appropriate to mention that a school is your top choice if it truly is?
If you have anything substantial to support that claim elsewhere in your application. Or you better explain it well. I don't think it is enough to like a school best, it is important to have a reason.

On career placement, sure, if it is true.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”