Incorrect dates attended for college on my apps... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Incorrect dates attended for college on my apps...

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:26 pm

So, on the section where you fill in your colleges attended on applications, I put the wrong date range for when I attended a community college to take 2 classes when I was in high school. I thought I took the 2 classes during one summer in high school, but I actually took 1 during the summer and the 2nd class during the following fall. This mistake is on the 5 apps I have submitted so far, including my early decision app... I just caught this now, and will be filling it out correctly from here on out. But, will this hurt me at the schools I've applied to so far? Can I fix this somehow? Does it even matter? (I feel like it does, and I am kinda worried...)

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Re: Incorrect dates attended for college on my apps...

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Oh, and I didn't even list that school on my early decision app!!! What was I thinking?!

Army2Law

Bronze

Post by Army2Law » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

It does matter, but just send in a letter amending your app and you should be fine.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Army2Law wrote:It does matter, but just send in a letter amending your app and you should be fine.
I was really worried that it did, so I literally just called two of the schools I applied to. The first one (non-ED) said that the incorrect date range doesn't really matter and not to worry, especially since they have my transcripts and academic summary report. The second school I called (the one I applied ED at and didn't list the community college to begin with) said that it doesn't matter either, because they have my transcripts. So... I guess it doesn't matter...? I feel better after talking to the admissions people, but I still feel somewhat nervous about it, and definitely feel like an idiot...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”