Why is everyone so negative Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pppokerface

Bronze

Re: Why is everyone so negative

Post by pppokerface » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:Students who go to TTT or TTTT schools are not necessarily shut out from job opportunities. It simply depends on what you want to do and where you are comfortable. Honestly, what is the difference between someone making $80,000 and $150,000. Either of those salaries is decent to live upon, and even excessive in many instances.

About the retaking, again it comes down to your own individual situation and where you want to go. If you tell me that someone who scored a 170 will do much better than a person in the 140's in law school, that just is not accurate. Scores while reflective of the ability to recognize certain testing attributes, do not speak to a persons ability to learn law material in a complete manner.

I am certain that someone who scores in the lower brackets, with hard work could suceed at HYS.
Honestly, what is the difference between someone making $80,000 and $150,000.
A big difference...and I'd be fine with 80000, but come on, there's a huge difference, even if you can be comfortable with both. Excessive can be subjective to a degree...you can say the same about 80000. No going to TTT school doesnt mean you will be shut out, but with this economy (ugh so sick of this term, but still) it will be more difficult. This forum really helped pushed me to go up 11 pts on the LSAT. We can argue about how it relates to potential performance on how well people do in law school, but its not about that-the reality is that unless you have a very interesting background/softs, the LSAT will matter a lot, whether or not it is a good test. No one here (unless they are being a jerk) is trying to say that someone with a low LSAT score is an idiot/has no potential to do well in law school, otherwise they wouldn't say to retake.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 am

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 am

JazzOne wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:Im sorry I don't buy the "people are just trying to help others" response. The only reason someone avoids someone else's questions and just attempts to put them down is because they want to feel superior to that person.
That's the only possible reason? It could just be for shits and giggles? We just want to feel superior to an anonymous internet account? lol

Well considering the fact that you have posted over 4000 times one this forum, I really hope its for more than shits and giggles. Next time you are bored why don't you try a girl out. I know that would be a little different from your normal chats but you might like it

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:Honestly, what is the difference between someone making $80,000 and $150,000. Either of those salaries is decent to live upon, and even excessive in many instances.
TTT grads are looking at $45k-$50k jobs or unemployment with $200k debt. Even if you stretch out loan payments to 30 years, you're looking at $15k in loan payments per year on $35k-$40k net pay.

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 am

JazzOne wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:If you tell me that someone who scored a 170 will do much better than a person in the 140's in law school, that just is not accurate.
I suppose it's not guaranteed, but you'd be a fool to wager otherwise.
NJcollegestudent wrote:Scores while reflective of the ability to recognize certain testing attributes, do not speak to a persons ability to learn law material in a complete manner.
Luckily, none of my LS exams has ever tested the manner in which I learn the material.
NJcollegestudent wrote:I am certain that someone who scores in the lower brackets, with hard work could suceed at HYS.
Define "suceed" (sic).

Success in this regard is the ability for the person to be in a state where they are comfortable with where they are. Whether that is a big law job for some, or just earning a J.D. and utilizing it for your own goals, it is all relative.

Again, i have to emphasize test scores do not fully reflect a persons ability. I am a living example of someone whose test scores did not reflect my performance in college up until now and hopefully beyond.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 am

chip3341 wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Welcome to the internet. You gotta sift through sh*t, but you'll find some gems from time to time.
lol, plus...its called top law schools and you do not have to post if you don't want responses telling you do retake...we all know what people will say if you have an average or lower lsat score.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 am

Gatorbull84 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:Im sorry I don't buy the "people are just trying to help others" response. The only reason someone avoids someone else's questions and just attempts to put them down is because they want to feel superior to that person.
That's the only possible reason? It could just be for shits and giggles? We just want to feel superior to an anonymous internet account? lol

Well considering the fact that you have posted over 4000 times one this forum, I really hope its for more than shits and giggles. Next time you are bored why don't you try a girl out. I know that would be a little different from your normal chats but you might like it
What was that about being negative/harsh/completely off-topic?

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:19 am

The amount of loans again depends on where you want to go. The school i want to attend for the three years including costs and incidentals will probably total to about $80,000 or so in loans. While that amount is large, another poster noted that undergraduate debt can be even larger than that and medical school debt is astronomical.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:21 am

Last edited by JazzOne on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:22 am

Gatorbull84 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

This is a real potshot even for TLS. :D

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:24 am

Gatorbull84 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

You want me to try out a girl? When are you available?

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:26 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:The amount of loans again depends on where you want to go. The school i want to attend for the three years including costs and incidentals will probably total to about $80,000 or so in loans. While that amount is large, another poster noted that undergraduate debt can be even larger than that and medical school debt is astronomical.
Big is relative to the amount of money you make aka how long it takes for you to pay it off. If you get a job making 40/50k, ok its not big, but if you make very little, then it is really big. If the economy is bad by the time a person graduates from law school, but they run the risk of making very little at a job that they do not really want to be in (I know...I work a call center making $12 an hour with a lot of other college grads, and I did well in school and applied to a countless number of jobs high and low) then 80 is a lot.

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:26 am

JazzOne wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:27 am

retake

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:27 am

beachbum wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

What was that about being negative/harsh/completely off-topic?

Dude Im more than willing to talk sh** back. The guy made some douche bag comment so I responded. And I was completely on topic.

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 am

JazzOne wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Hhaha was that really your response? No wonder you have enough free time to live on this site for a few years.

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:The amount of loans again depends on where you want to go. The school i want to attend for the three years including costs and incidentals will probably total to about $80,000 or so in loans. While that amount is large, another poster noted that undergraduate debt can be even larger than that and medical school debt is astronomical.
I'll just dive off an 80 foot cliff; it's alright because diving off a 100 foot cliff is worse.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 am

IBTL

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:30 am

NJcollegestudent wrote:Success in this regard is the ability for the person to be in a state where they are comfortable with where they are.
This is exactly why we advise low scorers not to go to law school.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 am

Gatorbull84 wrote:Hhaha was that really your response? No wonder you have enough free time to live on this site for a few years.
No, that was not really my response. You're just stupid.

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:32 am

JazzOne wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:Hhaha was that really your response? No wonder you have enough free time to live on this site for a few years.

Oh no you called me stupid. How creative. Maybe you should retake your LSAT

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:33 am

Gatorbull84 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Oh no you called me stupid. How creative. Maybe you should retake your LSAT
Wait, you "outperformed" your standardized test score with a 3.02 GPA? lol

What the hell did you get on the SAT? 940?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:34 am

This thread seems to be in good hands.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:35 am

JazzOne wrote:
why do people assume TLS megaposters can't get laid/are ugly? we're not ugly, we're the same spectrum of attractive as everyone else, and get comparable amount of sex. we're just socially awkward.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:37 am

IAFG wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
why do people assume TLS megaposters can't get laid/are ugly? we're not ugly, we're the same spectrum of attractive as everyone else, and get comparable amount of sex. we're just socially awkward.
It makes her feel superior.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”