October Applicants ever receive decision in January-Feb? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HopefulFish

Bronze

October Applicants ever receive decision in January-Feb?

Post by HopefulFish » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:25 pm

I'd think that since October is still early, apps will be reviewed rather promptly. Are there many cases where OCT applicant hears back as late as Feb?

glitter178

Silver

Re: October Applicants ever receive decision in January-Feb?

Post by glitter178 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:33 pm

HopefulFish wrote:I'd think that since October is still early, apps will be reviewed rather promptly. Are there many cases where OCT applicant hears back as late as Feb?
sure, at schools that are slow about processing apps, schools that don't have rolling admissions, and in the case that the applicant is not an auto-admit.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:35 pm

glitter178 wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:I'd think that since October is still early, apps will be reviewed rather promptly. Are there many cases where OCT applicant hears back as late as Feb?
sure, at schools that are slow about processing apps, schools that don't have rolling admissions, and in the case that the applicant is not an auto-admit.
Yeah, all the time. Search for the thread by Dulcatis that is titled something like "Applied in Oct? This may be when you hear back."

ETA: Found it for you: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=137012.

HopefulFish

Bronze

Post by HopefulFish » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Knock wrote:
glitter178 wrote:
Yeah, all the time. Search for the thread by Dulcatis that is titled something like "Applied in Oct? This may be when you hear back."

It seems like no one, or a very few, get into Stanford before December.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:26 pm

HopefulFish wrote:
Knock wrote:
glitter178 wrote:

It seems like no one, or a very few, get into Stanford before December.
I don't think anyone got S before December. First wave was the second Friday in December last year I believe, around Dec 11th.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Knock wrote: I don't think anyone got S before December. First wave was the second Friday in December last year I believe, around Dec 11th.
Oh, you expect us to believe that someone with an avatar like that pays attention to Stanford related things? Unlikely... :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”