strange gpa system Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dytelb

New

strange gpa system

Post by dytelb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:51 am

Hello,
The grading system at my school was done on a 12.0 gpa system. I remember that one of the schools I applied to asks for an explanation of any unusual gpa system, but can't remember which one, tho I have gone through them a couple times. The schools I am applying to are Berkeley, Michigan, Columbia, Penn, Stanford, merican, Virginia, Yale, GW, Georgetown, and Harvard. Could anyone help me out with this? Thanks.

4for44

Bronze

Re: strange gpa system

Post by 4for44 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:08 am

dytelb wrote:Hello,
The grading system at my school was done on a 12.0 gpa system. I remember that one of the schools I applied to asks for an explanation of any unusual gpa system, but can't remember which one, tho I have gone through them a couple times. The schools I am applying to are Berkeley, Michigan, Columbia, Penn, Stanford, merican, Virginia, Yale, GW, Georgetown, and Harvard. Could anyone help me out with this? Thanks.
3 credit Hour classes? Sounds like a pretty easy GPA system to translate for LSAC... what did LSAC do about it in your report?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:11 am

Your LSAC GPA is most likely just the 12-point GPA divided by 3.

You can look up your UG here to be sure of the GPA conversion: http://www.lsac.org/LSACResources/Publi ... public.asp

dytelb

New

Post by dytelb » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:18 am

Thanks for the link:) So will lsac automatically handle the conversion then? Should I not even worry about the law schools being confused? The grading was something like three or four credits instead of one.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 am

Yes, LSAC will automatically convert your GPA to a 4.0 scale, so there won't be any confusion.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”