Sending in 4 apps on monday where should they go. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DieAntwoord

Bronze

Sending in 4 apps on monday where should they go.

Post by DieAntwoord » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Dear TLS,

I'm a 178/3.25 AA male and I have enough money to send off 4 apps on monday and then the rest the next week or so.

Where should I send them?

I already have a fee waiver from UVA, Columbia, and UCLA so excluding those.

Kabuo

Silver

Re: Sending in 4 apps on monday where should they go.

Post by Kabuo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:30 pm

HYS and w\e other school in the T14 most appeals to you.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:34 pm

i had friends over last night and they put those south african rappers on youtube... crazy stuff.

also +1 to the advice above

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 pm

I think both Chicago and Penn use GPA in their CRS searches for fee waivers so I would choose one of those 2 to apply to without the fee waiver.

Also, send e-mails to all schools you don't yet have a fee waiver from requesting one. You are (more than likely) a highly desirable candidate.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:35 am

NYU makes early decisions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:07 am

bdubs wrote:I think both Chicago and Penn use GPA in their CRS searches for fee waivers so I would choose one of those 2 to apply to without the fee waiver.

Also, send e-mails to all schools you don't yet have a fee waiver from requesting one. You are (more than likely) a highly desirable candidate.
Chicago makes its largest amount of acceptances in jan/feb so you might have some time for them?

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Post by DieAntwoord » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:33 pm

sophia.olive wrote:NYU makes early decisions.
I saw that.
I will definitely make NYU one of them.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Northwestern, Michigan, Cal, and Georgetown.

If I was in your position I would apply to the entire top-14.

You should have some safety schools this sounds absurd, but GWU, WUSTL, BC, BU, Vanderbilt.

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Post by DieAntwoord » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:50 pm

jarofsoup wrote:Northwestern, Michigan, Cal, and Georgetown.

If I was in your position I would apply to the entire top-14.

You should have some safety schools this sounds absurd, but GWU, WUSTL, BC, BU, Vanderbilt.
? I have no shot at Cal.? Or northwestern (i lack meaningful w/e).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:57 pm

I agree that Boalt and NU aren't worth it.

If these are the only apps you are sending out then: definitely Harvard and NYU, and probably your favorite of MVP and another of CCN. If you are feeling less risky then two of MVP rather than 1 of MVP and 1 of CCN.

vegenator

Bronze

Post by vegenator » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I'd say harvard, Stanford, Berkeley and nyu (if you've already requested a fee waiver and been denied) or Penn. Yale isn't rolling so you've got time, plus Chicago doesn't make decisions till later. In the meantime as someone else suggested, hit up the top 14/20 for fee waivers. Plus you could send out free aps to illinois, w&l as absolute safeties (you'll also probably qualify for fee waivers from wustl, Iowa, & w&m so take your pick).

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Post by DieAntwoord » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:34 pm

vegenator wrote:I'd say harvard, Stanford, Berkeley and nyu (if you've already requested a fee waiver and been denied) or Penn. Yale isn't rolling so you've got time, plus Chicago doesn't make decisions till later. In the meantime as someone else suggested, hit up the top 14/20 for fee waivers. Plus you could send out free aps to illinois, w&l as absolute safeties (you'll also probably qualify for fee waivers from wustl, Iowa, & w&m so take your pick).
I forgot to mention I have minn, w&m, Iowa, and georgetown fee waivers also, so those are definitely going out. What is up with this berk thing though?

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:51 pm

DieAntwoord wrote:
vegenator wrote:I'd say harvard, Stanford, Berkeley and nyu (if you've already requested a fee waiver and been denied) or Penn. Yale isn't rolling so you've got time, plus Chicago doesn't make decisions till later. In the meantime as someone else suggested, hit up the top 14/20 for fee waivers. Plus you could send out free aps to illinois, w&l as absolute safeties (you'll also probably qualify for fee waivers from wustl, Iowa, & w&m so take your pick).
I forgot to mention I have minn, w&m, Iowa, and georgetown fee waivers also, so those are definitely going out. What is up with this berk thing though?
If you want to apply to Berkeley I would send one off, since you will not be getting a fee waiver from them (I dont think they give them out unless you demonstrate need).

Even though you are a URM I would still work on targeting your app to Berkeley, so if you haven't tailored it much I wouldn't send them a "generic" app.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Post by DieAntwoord » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:54 pm

bdubs wrote:
DieAntwoord wrote:
If you want to apply to Berkeley I would send one off, since you will not be getting a fee waiver from them (I dont think they give them out unless you demonstrate need).

Even though you are a URM I would still work on targeting your app to Berkeley, so if you haven't tailored it much I wouldn't send them a "generic" app.
I feel like berk would be an auto-ding because of my gpa. Thats all I was saying. So I shouldn't waste my money for apps.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:30 pm

DieAntwoord wrote:
bdubs wrote:
DieAntwoord wrote:

I feel like berk would be an auto-ding because of my gpa. Thats all I was saying. So I shouldn't waste my money for apps.
Not an auto-ding necessarily, but you better really want to go to Berkeley because you will get into better schools if you get in there.

Some examples:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Kohinoor
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MembersBounce
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/offenbach

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”