GPA Addendum, Is this okay? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
peterb0y

Bronze

GPA Addendum, Is this okay?

Post by peterb0y » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:22 am

I had a death in my family my first semester at Duke, which significantly impacted me and resulted in a subpar semester. Since then, my grades have demonstrated a significant upward curve, and my overall GPA has improved every semester.

Is this good enough?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: GPA Addendum, Is this okay?

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 am

Maybe mention which family member? But it sounds good.

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:25 am

Are you asking if this is a good enough reason, or are you asking whether this in itself is a good enough addendum?

peterb0y

Bronze

Post by peterb0y » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 am

catsparka wrote:Are you asking if this is a good enough reason, or are you asking whether this in itself is a good enough addendum?
I assumed it was a good enough reason (if you think its not let me know), but I was really asking about the quality of the addendum itself.

catsparka

Bronze

Post by catsparka » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 am

peterb0y wrote:
catsparka wrote:Are you asking if this is a good enough reason, or are you asking whether this in itself is a good enough addendum?
I assumed it was a good enough reason (if you think its not let me know), but I was really asking about the quality of the addendum itself.
I think that maybe you could use a little more specifics/details, but I don't think that's necessary.

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:09 am

peterb0y wrote:I had a death in my family my first semester at Duke, which significantly impacted me and resulted in a subpar semester. Since then, my grades have demonstrated a significant upward curve, and my overall GPA has improved every semester.

Is this good enough?
That's fine. You don't need to go into specifics of which family member. That's personal and you don't need it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”