Should I wait until next year to apply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cmart050

New

Should I wait until next year to apply?

Post by Cmart050 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Long story short, I am applying with a 2.87/166. I am not looking for anything but scholarships from a school in Florida or Georgia as I wish to practice in the south. I took 3 forgiveness classes at my undergrad institution, but was unaware everything would count for LSAC transcripts. I still have 15 credits in the spring and feel comfortable saying I will have above a 3.0 upon graduation. I am not taking the LSAT again, I am happy with 166. I also work full time.

Thanks again for any advice you guys can give, everyone here is usually really helpful. And please let me know if there is any other information I should add.

bostlaw

Bronze

Re: Should I wait until next year to apply?

Post by bostlaw » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm

I def wouldnt apply w under a 3.0 if its really in reach, 2.anythings are kind of a taboo kind of a thing from what I gather

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Cmart050 wrote:Long story short, I am applying with a 2.87/166. I am not looking for anything but scholarships from a school in Florida or Georgia as I wish to practice in the south. I took 3 forgiveness classes at my undergrad institution, but was unaware everything would count for LSAC transcripts. I still have 15 credits in the spring and feel comfortable saying I will have above a 3.0 upon graduation. I am not taking the LSAT again, I am happy with 166. I also work full time.

Thanks again for any advice you guys can give, everyone here is usually really helpful. And please let me know if there is any other information I should add.
Everyone is going to tell you to retake or consider other plans.

But, if you really do want to go to LS, put it off for a little while. See where the economy is after a year or two of working, then apply.

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 pm

I majored in philosophy (have had a 3.5 since switching from accounting which annihilated my GPA) so I have zero options other then law school, which I truly do wish to go to. I just don't want to make a poor economical decision.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 pm

then wait until you get your gpa up to at least a 3.0

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bostlaw

Bronze

Post by bostlaw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:29 pm

and you dont have 0 options lol

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:52 pm

You could also stay on for the summer session to raise your GPA a bit higher.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:58 pm

that combo will probably get you into GSU FSU/UF(maybe) and iffy at UGA but good luck with a scholarship. I think you would be helped greatly by having your fall/spring/summer? grades added onto your LSAC gpa to boost it over a 3.0

waiting a year isnt the worst thing.

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:07 am

Join the Navy, see the world. Or go teach kinds in Samoa. There is a ton of stuff you can do that doesn't involve going to TTT and ending up in the bottom 1/3 because you thought there was nothing else you can do. Seriously, crushing debt and litigating parking tickets for 30,000 a year would suck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”