Ben Wallace to attend law school after NBA career. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CG614

Silver

Re: Ben Wallace to attend law school after NBA career.

Post by CG614 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Everyone in this thread. Chill out. MW made some misguided comments, but the mass attack, coupled with MW's compulsion to answer every post, is really ridiculous. Back to the topic at hand. I'd hope for Wallace to come to Columbia, then maybe we'd win the Dean's cup against NYU.

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:59 pm

tlslsnlsp wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
naterj wrote:Wow, MW. Just wow. I can't believe you would just throw around racist insults like that. Capital Q or whatever her name is probably has to deal with this sort of bigotry everyday, you would think TLS would be a safe place she could come to...
...<groans>...

Okay...I apologize if my comments were interpreted as racially offensive. They were not intended as such at all. Are you happy now?

MW
I just read every post in this thread. I'm pretty sure nobody was really serious (as in the guy pulling the race card, the guys defending him, the attempts to justify the term, etc.), but I just wanted to say this post really shows character. I find it pretty pathetic that a grown man/woman would actually type "...<groans>..." and "Are you happy now?" in a post that was meant to serve as an apology, whether serious or not. I currently teach 5 and 6 year olds and this is exactly how they apologize to each other.
That's because 5/6 year old kindergartners probably actually have something to apologize for. I did not think that I had anything to apologize for: nothing I said was racist, and to interpret it as such was and is unreasonable.

MW

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 pm

LAWLAW09 wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
LAWLAW09 wrote:
*Black male has been hit with the one insult that no Black man can stand to hear*

After I tell my boys that you called me a 1st year grad student, and after I celebrate what you consider an "automatic urm boost," we are coming after you. no one calls me a 1st year grad student and gets away with it.
All threats aside, give it a rest. I only cited the URM-boost because capitalaq went off about white privilege.

MW

Oh, cause I'm a BLACK man and I say my boys are coming after you, that makes it a threat? lol

You my friend are comedy and extremely comfortable with your own ignorance.

(p.s. I only mentioned ur mentioning of automatic urm boost, b/c ur posts continue to shed light on what our law schools would look like if no "boost" was given. As far as I'm concerned, you're an applying URM's best friend.)
I don't see what I'm ignorant about, but if I'm helping you get into Harvard, then great!

MW

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:MW, reading the posts that you have made on TLS...and pretty much everyone's reactions to them...dont they tell you anything about your social abilities? or maybe it's just telling you the wrong things...
Well, I've learned that TLS has an unrepresentative selection of douchebags, so no, I have no doubts over my social prowess.

MW
hm...you're getting warmer

Dexter011

New

Post by Dexter011 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 pm

MW is obviously just a racist bigot who goes around trolling the forums. Just a 5 minute search of his old posts revealed some pretty nasty comments.
What's next, we start quoting Marxist Looter King as moral authority?
Bill Cosby was right. Sure, racism still exists, but to place the blame of the problems of black America primarily on racism is not only inaccurate but also denies what it takes to be successful in ANY country: education and hard work.
and about Stephen Hawking:
I think Stephen Hawking should have definitely renewed his subscription with Norton AntiVirus.
If I enter Stephen Hawking against his will, am I a rapist or a hacker?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 pm

What the fuck is going on in here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”