Wrong law school name in DS Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
idiot123

New

Wrong law school name in DS

Post by idiot123 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:50 pm

So, I made the stupid mistake of putting the wrong school name for 5 of my applications, I only did it in my DS and not PS though (Yes I made the X law school mistake, was careful enough on my PS to change the names). I still need one more LOR for my application to be transmitted, can LSAT still allow me to edit my applications? I just send them an e-mail but they haven't responded.
Also, how much is that going to hurt me? I'm a URM with an LSAT score in the high 160s and a 3.5 GPA, the schools I did that to are all T-14s...

YCrevolution

Gold

Re: Wrong law school name in DS

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:04 pm

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:10 pm

EDIT: Wait, you HAVE NOT clicked submit/paid money/used fee waiver yet??
Then there is NO PROBLEM. Just go to the submission page and "remove" the file and "Add" the correct one. Check the preview. It should show the new file. You are FINE.

This is pretty bad. UVA dean says they WL or Reject most people that do something like that..

Email each school that you sent the wrong one to and say
"I recently submitted my application via LSAC but accidentally attached the wrong file for my supplemental essay. I am attaching the correct file to this email and would greatly appreciate it if you could replace the document in my file. I apologize for the inconvenience."

idiot123

New

Post by idiot123 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:44 pm

JJDancer wrote:EDIT: Wait, you HAVE NOT clicked submit/paid money/used fee waiver yet??
Then there is NO PROBLEM. Just go to the submission page and "remove" the file and "Add" the correct one. Check the preview. It should show the new file. You are FINE.

This is pretty bad. UVA dean says they WL or Reject most people that do something like that..

Email each school that you sent the wrong one to and say
"I recently submitted my application via LSAC but accidentally attached the wrong file for my supplemental essay. I am attaching the correct file to this email and would greatly appreciate it if you could replace the document in my file. I apologize for the inconvenience."
I did click submit, the applications haven't been transmitted since I'm still missing one LOR. Just sent an e-mail to all five law schools. Hopefully I didn't just fuck up my cycle...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”