Those who applied in past cycles, please give some tips? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bostonian

Bronze

Re: Those who applied in past cycles, please give some tips?

Post by bostonian » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:04 am

Perch wrote:
bostonian wrote: As for tips, if you have something intelligent to say, write a "Why X". If you're a splitter or otherwise borderline, it can matter just to show them that you at least put a little effort into showing that you're interested.
I know this might sound silly, but can there be a negative to a good Why X in terms of scholarship offers? If you will likely get in anyway, and they think you're crazy about "X" school, maybe you'll get in without the offer you'd get without the why X...?
Ummm, I suppose it's theoretically possible, but I'm not aware of this happening. Besides, you can write it as "here's why your school would be a good fit" - the admissions committee knows its not the only school you're applying to and that you are probably telling other schools you think they're great. It's more just to show a little extra effort and interest. Plus if you're only "likely" to get into a school, I doubt you'll be getting money from them. Schools give money to auto-admits to try to entice them to go there over a higher-ranked place.

pppokerface

Bronze

Post by pppokerface » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 pm

bump

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Don't stress over your choices. You're only going to see the inside of the law school anyways. [and a liquor bottle]

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:1) Don't apply if you don't have a 170
Apparently not good enough :oops:
2) Graded LWR is for suckers
Which T14 have non-graded, which have graded? I think I will heed your advice on this one. TIA
Cornell is graded LRW + 4 substantive courses. The graded writing has a really ridiculous curve though so you'll be getting a B+ with 95% of the class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”