help! Bad grades and DUI in a CC, transfer to UC and got 3.8 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HowdyYall

Bronze

Re: help! Bad grades and DUI in a CC, transfer to UC and got 3.8

Post by HowdyYall » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:40 pm

post the picture here!!!!

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:49 pm

AreJay711 wrote:Might be a better PS statement if you really turned you life around. Talk about the transformative experience of nearly dying / killing someone else because of your own stupidity and how it has caused you to turn you life around. Addenda should be brief but it appears you have a lot to say and it could help your cause. Other than the DUI, which is going to be there anyway, it wouldn’t actually be a bad PS.
+1. A compelling personal statement should do much more for you than an addendum.

Silver

Post by 2807 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

raptor24 wrote:
2807 wrote: Also: Why don't you write a PS that has nothing to do with the DUI and then just briefly mention it in the crime addendum you will have to do anyway. You will be able to write a few lines about your learning experience in that addendum.

crime addendum!?!? Eeeks!

Would I have to disclose something that happened when I was 16 and was expunged (it was my juvenile record). I'd rather leave that out.

Ha.. Yes, Crime Addendum is what I call it.

I have done about 20 apps now and my experience shows that every school is different.

Some ask for everything including traffic and want the dates and COURT info.
Some ask for crime only...at any age any time. (this is most common)
One or two did say "not if not-convicted or expunged"

I always checked to see if it needed traffic or not. I had two versions standing by. Then I had another version that had the court info.

raptor24

New

Post by raptor24 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:27 pm

booyakasha wrote:
raptor24 wrote:should I include a picture of the wrecked car? it looks really bad...

im_blue: yea I know... That's why I'm all bummed out. Will they look at my actual transcripts or just the GPA? If they look at my transcript, they will see how the bad grades are ONLY from my community college transcript.
including a picture is totally inappropriate and will send the message that you are a monumental fuck up.

Yeah, it was only a passing thought. Definitely won't do that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”