Best way to submit LORs AFTER submitting application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aredhello

Bronze

Best way to submit LORs AFTER submitting application

Post by aredhello » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Am still waiting for my only undergrad LOR to come in (have a grad school LOR and employment LOR already in) but I want to go ahead and apply and then send in the undergrad LOR later as an update.

Spoke to rep from LSAC who said I could either assign the LOR now, and they would send the application in without that particular LOR, or I could just assign the LOR later and they would send it when it comes in.

Do you have a sense for what would be better and/or faster? I thought that application files wouldn't go complete at schools if they didn't have all the LORs that you had assigned...

Thanks in advance, kind of freaking out here.

im_blue

Gold

Re: Best way to submit LORs AFTER submitting application

Post by im_blue » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Just to be on the safe side, I would wait to assign the LOR later, to be sure the LSAC report is sent. Updated copies will automatically be sent when the last LOR is processed and assigned.

NYC_7911

Bronze

Post by NYC_7911 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Do you have a sense for what would be better and/or faster? I thought that application files wouldn't go complete at schools if they didn't have all the LORs that you had assigned...

I just got off the phone with LSAC about this, and the rep said the report WILL be sent even if all the letters you have assigned to the requesting school have not been received. You can leave them assigned, and LSAC will update your report as the additional letters come in. I'd go with that.

flourish

New

Post by flourish » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:13 pm

NYC_7911 wrote:

I just got off the phone with LSAC about this, and the rep said the report WILL be sent even if all the letters you have assigned to the requesting school have not been received. You can leave them assigned, and LSAC will update your report as the additional letters come in. I'd go with that.
Sorry, just to clarify: So you SHOULD send in your apps ASAP, even if your letters haven't been updated on LSAC?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:55 pm

flourish wrote:
NYC_7911 wrote:

Sorry, just to clarify: So you SHOULD send in your apps ASAP, even if your letters haven't been updated on LSAC?
Yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”