Misspelled word in Why? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HowdyYall

Bronze

Misspelled word in Why?

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:26 am

Misspelled "knowledgeable" halfway through Why? essay. Spell check turned off for damn spanish assignment.

If i only submitted the application yesterday, is replacing the essay an option? Thanks in advance 4 da help

HowdyYall

Bronze

Re: Misspelled word in Why?

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:50 am

Wait from my googling it looks like either "knowledgable" or "knowledgeable" is correct. Any opinions?

McDeere

New

Post by McDeere » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:26 am

They probably won't notice/care

ricking1288

New

Post by ricking1288 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 am

hahahah sry buh does anyone see the irony in OP's problem???

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:50 am

ricking1288 wrote:hahahah sry buh does anyone see the irony in OP's problem???
weak.. :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 am

If the sentence in question is "Because of my amazing spelling and writing skills, most of my friends regard me as the most knowledgble guy they know! I haven't had an error on a writing assignment since I was three, and even that "error" was due to my teachers apparent ignorance concerning the French language!", then yes you should probably replace it.

If not, then I really don't know. In my shoes it would depend on the circumstances (how much of a reach the school is, the strength of the rest of the application, etc).

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

ricking1288 wrote:hahahah sry buh does anyone see the irony in OP's problem???
hahahaha i thought of this too but i wasnt referring to myself in the paper. It was a quote and was referring to being "knowledgeable" in a certain area of the law

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 pm

mst wrote:If the sentence in question is "Because of my amazing spelling and writing skills, most of my friends regard me as the most knowledgble guy they know! I haven't had an error on a writing assignment since I was three, and even that "error" was due to my teachers apparent ignorance concerning the French language!", then yes you should probably replace it.

If not, then I really don't know. In my shoes it would depend on the circumstances (how much of a reach the school is, the strength of the rest of the application, etc).
ya its a reach school but not of my my favs. Why I am hesitant about replacing it is apparently "knowledgable" IS ALSO a correct spelling. Has anyone seen it spelled like this?

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
mst wrote:If the sentence in question is "Because of my amazing spelling and writing skills, most of my friends regard me as the most knowledgble guy they know! I haven't had an error on a writing assignment since I was three, and even that "error" was due to my teachers apparent ignorance concerning the French language!", then yes you should probably replace it.

ya its a reach school but not of my my favs. Why I am hesitant about replacing it is apparently "knowledgable" IS ALSO a correct spelling. Has anyone seen it spelled like this?
I wouldn't notice this if I were reading your PS. Adcomms might but I doubt it. Can't really say if I've ever seen it that way before but I doubt you will get dinged because of that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:

I wouldn't notice this if I were reading your PS. Adcomms might but I doubt it. Can't really say if I've ever seen it that way before but I doubt you will get dinged because of that.
yeah, thats what im hoping. it was pretty far down in my Why X? statement so im thinking they prob wont notice; I literally read over my entire application 8 or 9 times before submitting and didnt even notice

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:12 pm

I misspelled something on my Mich app, emailed them the next day and asked if they accepted updated material and they were really nice ab letting me send them everything in an attachment! I didn't tell them that it was bc I misspelled something and they didn't ask
Last edited by ziggie on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm

ziggie wrote:I misspelled something on my Mich app, emailed them the next day and asked if they accepted updated material and they were really nice ab letting me send them everything in an attachment! I didn't tell them that it was bc I misspelled something, but they didn't ask, either.
thanks bud, i just sent them an email asking if it was possible. Thank god they let you replace the material for the mich app. From reading Dean Z's blog she is a HUGGGGEEE stickler for grammar and spelling

eskimogirl

New

Post by eskimogirl » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 am

i did the same with my duke app. they just had me email an attachment as well and sent me a response letting me know my file had been updated. i didn't tell them why and they didn't ask. very simple process.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”