Distinctive Programmatic Contribution?? Application help! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
peterb0y

Bronze

Distinctive Programmatic Contribution?? Application help!

Post by peterb0y » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

The UCLA app has an optional question that asks
"If you believe you can make a distinctive contribution to a Specific UCLA School of LAw Specialization, Academic Program, Joint Degree, Law Review/Journal, or research in a particular subject area (as described at the website http://www.law.ucla.edu) please identify one such specific area in the boxes below"

And then...

"Explain your prior academic training, work, or extracurricular activities that enable you to make that distinctive contribution. If you need to write more...etc, etc..

A. Would it look bad if I didn't fill that out?
B. If I were to fill it out, (I'm not applying to a specific academic program or Joint Degree) what would you suggest to do?

Thanks

sarahh

Silver

Re: Distinctive Programmatic Contribution?? Application help!

Post by sarahh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 pm

You can get in without it, but it does not help you to not fill it out. Taking the time to do it shows you are interested in the school. You only have to do a paragraph or two. Only you can answer the second part of the question. Go to the website and see what is interesting to you.

HowdyYall

Bronze

Re: Distinctive Programmatic Contribution?? Application help!

Post by HowdyYall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 pm

peterb0y wrote:The UCLA app has an optional question that asks
"If you believe you can make a distinctive contribution to a Specific UCLA School of LAw Specialization, Academic Program, Joint Degree, Law Review/Journal, or research in a particular subject area (as described at the website http://www.law.ucla.edu) please identify one such specific area in the boxes below"

And then...

"Explain your prior academic training, work, or extracurricular activities that enable you to make that distinctive contribution. If you need to write more...etc, etc..

A. Would it look bad if I didn't fill that out?
B. If I were to fill it out, (I'm not applying to a specific academic program or Joint Degree) what would you suggest to do?

Thanks
I think it would look much much worse trying to force and thats why i left it blank. Just include your interests in the PS. Man it literally took me hours trying to whittle down my PS trying to make 12 pt font fit into two pages

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”