how to format name, title of doc, and lsac # on attchments? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
agora139

Bronze

how to format name, title of doc, and lsac # on attchments?

Post by agora139 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:36 pm

for my personal statement etc, i know i should write my name, lsac acct #, and the title of the document (personal statement or resume or addendum) but how should i do it? centered? as a header? right now i have it has a header, separated by commas, indented on the right side.

jdhakert

New

Re: how to format name, title of doc, and lsac # on attchments?

Post by jdhakert » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:45 pm

I am really nervous right now because I just had a title stating what the document was (i.e. Personal Statement, Resume). How do you know/ why do you think you need a full header? Will this possibly affect my decisions? Sorry OP, I don't mean to derail your thread.

agora139

Bronze

Post by agora139 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:17 pm

i have no idea! i don't know how i'm supposed to do this...anyone have suggestions?

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Put your name, your LSAC #, and page number in the header(do the three column header setup in word so that you have your name on the left, LSAC number in the middle, and page number on the right. You don't want the header taking up a bunch of space. You need it though so that if pages get dropped, they can identify who they belong to.
Put the title of each document centered at the top like you are used to doing.

I think that is the best way. For the resume, don't do a header; it is obvious who it belongs to.

jdhakert

New

Post by jdhakert » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Is it going to affect law school's decisions if I didn't have any sort of header other than identifying the individual attachments? I don't know why I didn't do a header, I just didn't even consider the possibility of the documents getting printed out... Oh no. I could just see schools considering it irresponsible that I didn't consider a header.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:51 pm

jdhakert wrote:Is it going to affect law school's decisions if I didn't have any sort of header other than identifying the individual attachments? I don't know why I didn't do a header, I just didn't even consider the possibility of the documents getting printed out... Oh no. I could just see schools considering it irresponsible that I didn't consider a header.
:lol:
no.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”