Unsure of how to format/set up addendum explaining charges Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chrisbru

Gold

Unsure of how to format/set up addendum explaining charges

Post by chrisbru » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Hey TLS,

I have no idea how to format this. I came up with this, and was wondering if someone could provide feedback? Am I too detailed? Do my explanations make sense?

I'll delete things based on what each individual application asks for, but this is my record in it's complete form.

Legal Charges Addendum

08/11/2009 – Speeding – 75 Zone

I was on my way home from my internship in Seattle, WA. I was driving with the flow of traffic, was pulled over, and cited for speeding. I pled guilty and paid the fine.

05/19/2009 – Failure to use seatbelt

I pulled out of a gas station, and forgot to fasten my seatbelt. I pled guilty and paid the fine.

05/07/2007 – Possession of Alcohol Under Legal Age

During my freshman year of college, I was walking back to my dorm room. I was crossing the street, and carrying alcohol, when I was stopped by an officer who checked my ID, showing I was under the legal age. I plead guilty and paid my fine. I have had no alcohol-related offenses after this one.

02/04/2004 – Speeding – 55 Zone

I was stopped for speeding immediately after the speed limit changed from 65 to 55. I believed that I had slowed down before the speed limit changed, so I plead not guilty. The officer did not show up to court, and my case was dismissed.

Deuce

Silver

Re: Unsure of how to format/set up addendum explaining charges

Post by Deuce » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 pm

You don't need to explain the details of your traffic tickets. Everyone gets them. Also, make two separate documents: one that includes the traffic violations and one that does not. The vast majority of schools you will be applying to will specifically ask you not to include minor traffic infractions.

chrisbru

Gold

Re: Unsure of how to format/set up addendum explaining charges

Post by chrisbru » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 am

I'll do that, thank you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”