"Number of recs" = 1 for each school? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doing_it_in_a_car

Bronze

"Number of recs" = 1 for each school?

Post by doing_it_in_a_car » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:44 pm

This may be a stupid question but I can't find the answer on the site. Are recommenders supposed to explicitly each school you are applying to and upload them as separate recommendations? So when you add the recommender and you need to select "Number of letters from this recommender", do you select 1 letter for each school? Same thing for evaluations - 1 evaluation per school application?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

dihydrogenmonoxide

New

Re: "Number of recs" = 1 for each school?

Post by dihydrogenmonoxide » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 pm

From the LoR FAQ on LSAC:

Do I need to request more than one letter/evaluation from a recommender/evaluator when I intend to send the same letter/evaluation to multiple law schools?

No. You need to request only one “general” letter when the content is the same. You then designate the school(s) to which you want the letter sent. See the “How do I?” Guide for instructions on assigning letters/evaluations to be sent with law school reports.

doing_it_in_a_car

Bronze

Post by doing_it_in_a_car » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Wow can't believe I missed that. Thanks much!

Silver

Post by 2807 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:11 pm

My understanding is if you have a teacher writing more than one letter (maybe one for a specifc school, and one for all schools) then you need to let LSAC know that there are 2 (or more) letters coming from that instructor.

When you apply you will see that you just click and assign which letter you want to what school..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”