Resume v. Boxes on Application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
noahg813

New

Resume v. Boxes on Application

Post by noahg813 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:05 pm

As any diligent student should, I have a nicely typed and formatted resume ready for use. However, I have noticed that some applications provide boxes for you to type in basically everything that should go on the resume. Is it a bad idea to attach the resume and leave the boxes blank? Or to both fill in the boxes and attach a resume? There are some things that don't necessarily fit into the schools categories and I don't always have room. Plus, I like having more control over how I am presented like I do in my resume. Any suggestions are invited.

JazzOne

Gold

Re: Resume v. Boxes on Application

Post by JazzOne » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:06 pm

noahg813 wrote:As any diligent student should, I have a nicely typed and formatted resume ready for use. However, I have noticed that some applications provide boxes for you to type in basically everything that should go on the resume. Is it a bad idea to attach the resume and leave the boxes blank? Or to both fill in the boxes and attach a resume? There are some things that don't necessarily fit into the schools categories and I don't always have room. Plus, I like having more control over how I am presented like I do in my resume. Any suggestions are invited.
Fill out the applications in their entirety.

noahg813

New

Post by noahg813 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Would it be redundant to then attach my resume? Would they even look at it?

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:20 pm

noahg813 wrote:Would it be redundant to then attach my resume? Would they even look at it?
Most ask for a resume. Thus you need to fill out the application and attach the resume, otherwise you look like you don't know how to follow instructions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”