When to submit? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
emoney8907

New

When to submit?

Post by emoney8907 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Sorry for the n00b question, but when can I click submit on my electronic application? Everything is ready except the LOR, which are postmarked for today but may be mailed off as early as today and as late as the end of this week. I am applying through the LSAC web site - can I click submit today and let the LOR process as they get sent out, or can I not click submit until all the LORs are processed?

Thanks a bunch for your inputs.

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Re: When to submit?

Post by lzyovrachievr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 pm

If you want to get submitting over with, you can do it now if you've already assigned the LORs you want to the schools you're applying to.

Once they are processed, LSAC will send them to the schools you assigned them to. So you can submit now, or you could wait until you can submit everything all together.

IMO, submit now so you get your application in the stack at the schools, then they will just have to add the LORs later to complete the file and put it under review. For some schools, that will bump you ahead of a few people versus if you had waited. But be careful because some schools will consider your app complete with 1 or 2 letters, so if you assign more, and they don't receive them at the same time, then they might review your file without them.

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote: But be careful because some schools will consider your app complete with 1 or 2 letters, so if you assign more, and they don't receive them at the same time, then they might review your file without them.
I'm in the same boat as OP. Should I call each school and ask them what they'll do if I submit with 1 LOR processed and 1 on the way? Or should I only submit now to schools that require 2 LORs?

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
I'm in the same boat as OP. Should I call each school and ask them what they'll do if I submit with 1 LOR processed and 1 on the way? Or should I only submit now to schools that require 2 LORs?
I'd e-mail them and say that you just submitted your application and you'd like them to please wait for 2 LORs before they review it. They're pretty accommodating about this sort of thing if you ask.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”