Would a 166/4.0 get me into GW ED with the scholarship? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zephyr36

Bronze

Would a 166/4.0 get me into GW ED with the scholarship?

Post by zephyr36 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Would taking a full-ride at GW be better than paying sticker at MVP/GULC? I know this question has been asked before, but I'm interested about my numbers specifically.

I think I would really like to be in D.C. I'm aiming at some sort of international legal field or hopefully working for the DOJ or some other type of government agency.

klevashov

New

Re: Would a 166/4.0 get me into GW ED with the scholarship?

Post by klevashov » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:50 pm

I asked a similar question a while back; from the feedback I got, it seems that if you want to work in the DC area, taking the GW scholarship is better than MVP sticker. That way, you can pursue career paths you want without the constant thought of the crushing debt on your back.

As for your numbers specifically, I think it would be close; I've heard you want to be around the 75th percentile for LSAT and GPA for the ED admit, and (3.8/168 for GWU). I think you should go for it.

zephyr36

Bronze

Post by zephyr36 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks for the advice. I figured my LSAT was probably on the low side. Does anyone know how GW places on the West Coast? I would love to be in DC for at least the duration of LS but I may want to move to the Northwest (Portland/Seattle) in the future.

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 pm

i don't think you need to apply through the binding ED option to get a good chunck of change from GW. If you are qualified for acceptance through their ED option, you will probably get $$ applying RD. you can also negotiate between peer schools for more scholly $ once you get some money form one school. though if youre dead set on GW then the point is moooooo :P

klevashov

New

Post by klevashov » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Fair point on the scholly money. If you can get the full scholarship ED, then you'd likely get $105k RD. All depends on how determined you are to go to GW.

As for how it places out west, I'm a CA resident, and I haven't really seen too many GW alums out here, though I have seen people who went to law school on the east coast, got a job at a firm on the east coast, and then moved over to a different branch of the firm on the west coast. That might be an option.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”