Re-sending transcripts and addendum questions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
screechypeachy

New

Re-sending transcripts and addendum questions

Post by screechypeachy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:24 am

Two issues.
First, I already sent my transcripts to LSAC and thought that I was going to graduate this December but have decided to stay through the spring and in doing so will complete a minor. Since I will then have a minor on my record, should I resend transcripts later?
Second, while I was in the military I took some stupid online classes for business. My grades were not the best but they were also under adverse circumstances (military stuff etc). Also, we had to take some database admin classes for job training and I got some Bs in those. These do not make up the bulk of my record or anything but they do make my GPA overall lower. I have a 4.0 with my current University where I have taken the grand majority of my credit hours. I mention it briefly in my PS but should I attach something explaining why there is a contrast between my university grades and these other grades?? Also, do law schools look at online for profit schools seriously?
Please let me know what I should do!! :oops:

cinephile

Gold

Re: Re-sending transcripts and addendum questions

Post by cinephile » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:58 pm

An addendum to address the difference in your undergrad institution GPA and the grades from your online classes sounds like a good idea.

taraknits

New

Post by taraknits » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

I also have an addendum question-

I was going to write an addendum about grades I got in two graduate classes that I took and dropped after the first class meeting but were incorrectly recorded on my transcript as F's. I am non-traditional and never checked my transcript after withdrawing from those classes in '03...now that I know about them the school says its too late to change it- all grade issues have to be taken care of in the semester immediately following the semester they were given... :( So my question is can law schools see those graduate level course grades?? or do they only see my undergrad grades??

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:37 pm

They receive all of your transcripts, including graduate transcripts, but grad grades aren't factored into your LSDAS GPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”