161/3.5 Where do I go? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GoldenIL

New

161/3.5 Where do I go?

Post by GoldenIL » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:09 pm

I know that neither my LSAT or GPA are particularly high, but I have some decent soft factors in the form of internships and good LORs. What schools should I look at? I'm totally lost and have no idea what type of law I'm interested in. I'm from IL so I've been looking at Loyola Chicago and Kent but the I've been hearing that the Chicago legal market isn't so hot right now and I think I can place at schools that rank higher. Is it worth going out of state, I'd like to practice in Illinois but I also want to be employed so I'd be willing to go out of state. Any advice?

tttlllsss

Bronze

Re: 161/3.5 Where do I go?

Post by tttlllsss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:24 pm

GoldenIL wrote:I'm from IL so I've been looking at Loyola Chicago and Kent but the I've been hearing that the Chicago legal market isn't so hot right now and I think I can place at schools that rank higher.
Which schools?

GoldenIL

New

Post by GoldenIL » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Well I think I might have a chance at Pepperdine, Penn State, or Temple. They all rank higher than Kent of Loyola but I don't know if they really have better job placements.

tttlllsss

Bronze

Post by tttlllsss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:03 pm

GoldenIL wrote:Well I think I might have a chance at Pepperdine, Penn State, or Temple. They all rank higher than Kent of Loyola but I don't know if they really have better job placements.
Is retaking out of the question? Because the obvious solution here is to retake and aim for a 165+.

GoldenIL

New

Post by GoldenIL » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Its not completely out of the question but this score was on my second try. I got a 153 the first time which was pretty fucking bad, in my defense the June 2010 LSAT was really hard and I wasn't at my best health wise, (I started pissing blood a few days before, after the exam I found out I had really bad blood pressure and my kidneys were kinda fucked up). I could take the exam again, I kinda don't want to, I know I can do better, but doesn't it also look bad to take it more than twice? My question really is what schools should I look at with this type of score, they can't all be bead employment wise can they....please tell me they're not.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:39 pm

Schools in the range of your LSAT and GPA are gonna be decidedly mediocre at best employment rise. Retake for sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”