Wait for increased grades after fall? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Arbiter213

Gold

Wait for increased grades after fall?

Post by Arbiter213 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:34 pm

So I currently have a mid 3.7 range LSDAS GPA. I just ran the numbers and realized that if I get a 4.0 this quarter (not unlikely) my LSDAS GPA goes up to a mid 3.8 range gpa, which substantially increases my chances according to LS predictor.

My question is: I have already submitted 13/15 of my applications, but not my apps to UPenn and NU (since I haven't written the supplements yet).

Is it worth it to wait till after my fall grades post in December and I can send a new transcript? UPenn would save me money, but I want the best shot there (I want their Masters of Bioethics), but I 1) Have an NU fee waiver and 2) Almost certainly won't get in to NU anyway.

168 LSAT

lalalawya

Bronze

Re: Wait for increased grades after fall?

Post by lalalawya » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 pm

I have a similar question. I have already sent in all of my apps., but plan on being able to bring my current aculm up with my Fall semester grades. If I were to send my new GPA in once I have it, would schools evaluate me on my new acculm? Or would they still have to evaluate me on my current since that is the one I submitted to LSAC and applied originally with?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”