wustl asks if I have applied to other schools.. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kkfish

New

wustl asks if I have applied to other schools..

Post by kkfish » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:57 am

What shall I answer this type of question? It says optional, but I guess if I choose not to answer, it will sounds fake. But if I says yes and put some other schools names on it, I am afraid this will work against my application at WUSTL.

Any insights?
Thanks

plenipotentiary

Silver

Re: wustl asks if I have applied to other schools..

Post by plenipotentiary » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 am

List the peer schools that you're applying to.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:02 pm

plenipotentiary wrote:List the peer schools that you're applying to.
+1. I just listed a bunch of similarly-ranked midwestern schools (i.e. Illinois, Notre Dame, Minnesota).

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:12 pm

kkfish wrote:What shall I answer this type of question? It says optional, but I guess if I choose not to answer, it will sounds fake. But if I says yes and put some other schools names on it, I am afraid this will work against my application at WUSTL.

Any insights?
Thanks
I'm only applying to one school, and I was worried that to answer 'none' to that question would hurt my chances of the school giving me lots of scholarship money (since they'd know they weren't competing with any other schools for me). An adcomm told me--off the record--to just leave it blank.

We'll see how it works out for me in a few months, I guess. :P

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:34 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
kkfish wrote:What shall I answer this type of question? It says optional, but I guess if I choose not to answer, it will sounds fake. But if I says yes and put some other schools names on it, I am afraid this will work against my application at WUSTL.

Any insights?
Thanks
I'm only applying to one school, and I was worried that to answer 'none' to that question would hurt my chances of the school giving me lots of scholarship money (since they'd know they weren't competing with any other schools for me). An adcomm told me--off the record--to just leave it blank.

We'll see how it works out for me in a few months, I guess. :P
leaving it blank should be fine if that's the case. alternatively, you can always plan to apply to other schools and list them, but never get around to it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”